Sonic Electronix

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking for a new box for the 12's and I found this  q bomb box says 2 cu ft of space per sub and its tuned to 30 Hz. Rockford Fosgate says in their manual for the subs that they recommend tuning to 40 Hz and 1.79 cu ft of space per sub. Sound like a good fit or should I look for one that's tuned higher? I listen to a lot of rap music so I figure it wont be a big deal if its lower than recommended.

On 3/29/2020 at 5:47 PM, Dexterity said:

That seems like a lot of money for an amp for my current subs to be honest. What about the skar rp-1500.1D? Whats the benefit of a repeatable amp?

The v2 model of that amp only puts out 900 watts at 2ohm, after impedance rise your looking at something even lower.  And that’s if you can hold 14.4 volts.

The sundown 3000 they suggested will work great and later you can upgrade the subs and wire down to 1ohm and use its full potential, sundown amps also come with a 2 year warranty.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

1 hour ago, Dexterity said:

I see what you're saying but there still has to be a cheaper alternative from the sundown amp. I have no doubts its a great amp its just too expensive for me personally.

$350 is too much for a 3000 watt amp?    its only $175 more than that skar... and you have the amp to upgrade later   

I'll tell you now, I've got a Skar rp-2000.1d and it sounds great, when it works. I've had it just over a month. 7 days after install it went into permanent protect. So sent back and got another one 2 weeks later. This one worked for 9 days, and yesterday I had to send back to skar AGAIN cuz it went into permanent protect. So between Skar and UPS, they've had it longer than me since I bought it. So trying to save money just got me screwed. You're better off buying a decent amp instead of dealing with what I'm dealing with! I'm really upset actually!

20200227_141104.jpeg

Archived