adding speakers to 4 channel

3000iphones

hello, i'm a bit confused on the wiring for mid/highs amps.

i have a crescendo s4 4 channel: 2ohm: 220w x4 

4ohm: 140w x4.

i have two infinity kappa 6x8 2ohm 100 RMS and two 6x9 2ohm 110 RMS.

does 220 RMS per channel give me enough space to run four 50 RMS or two 100 RMS midrange speakers at 2ohm x4?

i'm planning on adding a pair of 6.5 to the rear and two pairs to the front in addition to the stock location speakers. since they're mixed, would it be smart to run the 6x8s off of the deck? no specific speakers in mind, but maybe some crescendo PWX 150 RMS and 80 RMS super tweeters.

the front channels would each be pushing 300 RMS @ 2ohm with two PWX 4ohm in each door, right? a second amp for the speakers isn't out of the question.

9 minutes ago, 3000iphones said:

does 220 RMS per channel give me enough space to run four 50 RMS or two 100 RMS midrange speakers at 2ohm x4?

i'm planning on adding a pair of 6.5 to the rear and two pairs to the front in addition to the stock location speakers. since they're mixed, would it be smart to run the 6x8s off of the deck? no specific speakers in mind, but maybe some crescendo PWX 150 RMS and 80 RMS super tweeters.

the front channels would each be pushing 300 RMS @ 2ohm with two PWX 4ohm in each door, right? a second amp for the speakers isn't out of the question.

This is not clear at all. You need to better clarify what you have and what you want to do. You're talking about 6 x 8s, 6 x 9s, mids, tweeters, stock locations, 6.5s, etc. I'm a little lost.

This shit is hella unorganized. Why would you run speakers off of head unit power if you're using amp for your mids and highs? Technically, yes you have enough headroom in the amp to run extra speakers. Just be sure the load your amp is seeing will be at 2ohms. Don't run super tweets if you can avoid it. Run one amp for the front stage and a second for the rear doors if you need that many. I'm assuming you have a crazy big bass setup to need all the extra filler.

2 hours ago, Nick580 said:

This shit is hella unorganized. Why would you run speakers off of head unit power if you're using amp for your mids and highs? Technically, yes you have enough headroom in the amp to run extra speakers. Just be sure the load your amp is seeing will be at 2ohms. Don't run super tweets if you can avoid it. Run one amp for the front stage and a second for the rear doors if you need that many. I'm assuming you have a crazy big bass setup to need all the extra filler.

sorry if my formatting was weird.

it isn't a comp setup, but it's my first build and i want to go over a lot of different options for the experience and to learn more about building a good system. i plan on adding more bass, and i want my mids to be louder. running the 6x8 off the deck was just an idea so i'd have output from them plus room on the amp to push the crescendos. the final impedance and load of multiple speakers is confusing the hell out of me.

On 3/28/2020 at 10:48 AM, blammo585 said:

This is not clear at all. You need to better clarify what you have and what you want to do. You're talking about 6 x 8s, 6 x 9s, mids, tweeters, stock locations, 6.5s, etc. I'm a little lost.

i was trying not to be confusing, i'm sorry. i was just looking for some direction with my mids. i have 6x8s in the front doors, 6x9s in the rear. if i add two 6.5s to each front door for more output, should i remove the 6x8s? understand that i just don't understand how 4+ channels work yet. i'm not looking for any miracles, i just want to know if i could do anything with the 6x8s and 6x9s or if i should just phase them out.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:26 AM, 3000iphones said:

i was trying not to be confusing, i'm sorry. i was just looking for some direction with my mids. i have 6x8s in the front doors, 6x9s in the rear. if i add two 6.5s to each front door for more output, should i remove the 6x8s? understand that i just don't understand how 4+ channels work yet. i'm not looking for any miracles, i just want to know if i could do anything with the 6x8s and 6x9s or if i should just phase them out.

I would just stick with some good coaxial 6x8s in the front and coaxial 6x9s in the back. Adding a 6.5 to the 6x8 up front is not going to do much in my opinion. Then I'd just run a 4 channel amp to the fronts and rears.

Actually I'm not that big on rear speakers. I just have them for passengers riding with me so they're able to hear something since I'm normally not turning it up loud with people in there. To me, it's just an extra hassle so I always run my rears off the head unit, and even keep the rears stock. I usually fade to the front about halfway any way.

But it doesn't hurt anything to upgrade everything if that's what you want to do. In my Ridgeline and Explorer the rear speakers were in the rear doors so I can't really tell much when they're playing. In my son's Lancer I can hear a difference with the rears playing.

2 hours ago, Mohawk Warrior said:

Ohhhh please start a YouTube channel as an Uber driver, picking up people and just melting their faces with bass lol

LOL I don't think my system would be good for that. I just have one 10". It sounds good but it's not going to win any SPL contests.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:35 AM, 3000iphones said:

Maybe this might help with the wiring and ohm load side of it. I know it helped me a lot. You can input the amount of speakers, the amount of voice coils, and the ohm load and it will show you a diagram on how to accomplish your goal. I know it helped me a lot. 

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=22

As far as wattage, in my opinion with mids and highs, close to rms has never done me wrong if you can't hit the rms number. But that's just my opinion

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

23 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Maybe this might help with the wiring and ohm load side of it. I know it helped me a lot. You can input the amount of speakers, the amount of voice coils, and the ohm load and it will show you a diagram on how to accomplish your goal. I know it helped me a lot. 

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/subwoofer-wiring-diagrams.asp?Q=2&I=22

As far as wattage, in my opinion with mids and highs, close to rms has never done me wrong if you can't hit the rms number. But that's just my opinion

thanks for the help. i guess i'm a crackhead, because my single set of fronts and rears doesn't please me, haha. i might just end up trying the crescendo 6x9 coaxials on the rear.

Archived