Need amp suggestions

ehall8702

30 minutes ago, bmwking said:

that rockville was dyno'd on a full fledged smd dyno.  the video is on the 2nd page of my amp guts thread that i posted a link to

It may do rated but next issue is it's size, it quite Abit bigger than my other amp and size is an issue with this install....and yeah I remember now , when I was looking for an amp for my last set of subs I was looking at the vfl hybrid and all dynoes showed it didn't do rated. I forgot about that thanx. I haven't crossed the DB off my list yet, but I'm a totally pinched for room with this install, box is huge and only place for amps is being driver seat and there isn't alot of room there at all. I clearcoated my box Tonite, thing is awesome, my girl really stepped up and made it awesome for me!

KIMG0348.JPG

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

On 3/29/2020 at 1:11 PM, AaronT said:

Nvx jad800.4   7" x 10"  $189

• RMS Power Rating:
    • 4 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan.
    • 2 ohms: 200 watts x 4 chan.
    • Bridged, 4 ohms: 400 x 2 chan.
  • Sonic Electronix Certified Power Rating*:
    • 4 ohms: 175 watts x 4 chan.
    • 2 ohms: 297 watts x 4 chan

They Dyno with Steve Meade's AMD-1. So you know these are accurate.

Gonna go with that nvx you suggested, everything I've read says it's solid and small enuff to fit ! I got $170 put aside for an amp and here in a few days I'll have about $40 in eBay bucks so I should be good. Found em brand new free shipping for $189. I need new RCA cables now too, have stinger 4000 series but may make my own since I'm going to have to mount an amp in the floor behind each front seat and it'll all be seen.

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

2 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

Gonna go with that nvx you suggested, everything I've read says it's solid and small enuff to fit ! I got $170 put aside for an amp and here in a few days I'll have about $40 in eBay bucks so I should be good. Found em brand new free shipping for $189. I need new RCA cables now too, have stinger 4000 series but may make my own since I'm going to have to mount an amp in the floor behind each front seat and it'll all be seen.

if you don't make your own, knukonceptz krystals are damn fine for the price

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/rca-cables/krystal-rca-kables/

I’ve never heard anything bad about NVX. Solid company. But remember that sonicelectronix is NVX’s biggest supporters and distributors. But again, I’ve never heard anything bad about any NVX product. For what you are trying to spend, that is a good choice. I was gonna recommend Taramps for your budget but it looks like NVX offers a good product at a cheap price as well and I’m pretty sure that NVX amp is class A/B and better in sound quality than the Taramps class D 4 channel amps. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

and don’t ever buy anything Rockville. He mine as well told you to go buy a new model hifonics or precision power amp. Lol! At least he didn’t tell you buy an new model Autotek. But come to think about it, you know what makes all them companies better than Rockville if you think about it really hard and don’t look at the numbers but the track record, at least hifonics, precision power and autotek used to be really good but Rockville has always sucked since their first production date. Lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

8 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

and don’t ever buy anything Rockville. He mine as well told you to go buy a new model hifonics or precision power amp. Lol! At least he didn’t tell you buy an new model Autotek. But come to think about it, you know what makes all them companies better than Rockville if you think about it really hard and don’t look at the numbers but the track record, at least hifonics, precision power and autotek used to be really good but Rockville has always sucked since their first production date. Lol!

I've put MANY Rockville amps in and not an issue yet ( been about 3 years since I out first one in a customers car) thier customer support is great and Amos perform well, just my setup would be asking too much from one and they are BIG amps, wouldn't fit in my truck. My last setup was a pair of ppi black ice amps ( 7000.1d and a 1000.4) performed phenomenal for a year and still goin in a buddies truck ( subs were at .5 ohms). As for a taramps, I was looking at em but can't get over the fact there are only 6 speaker outputs on a 4 channel...I absolutely do not like amps that do not match ( sub amp is a taramps md8000.1) but can't bring myself to buy a taramps 4 channel. The nvx puts down great power and is small so. Gonna give it a try. I appreciate everyone's input , better than old way and just buying shit and trying it out!

Archived