Second Skin Audio

L port vs Slot port?

RedRam23

Gonna depend on the size of the box, how it's situated in the cab, subs, etc. I always like forward facing ports, especially since it's a regualar cab truck. I don't like the port shooting into the door, but that's more of a personal preference. How many subs and what size truck, full size/mid size? I have a single cab Dakota and I ended up cutting into the bed to make room for a box. Not sure if you want to get that crazy though,.

since you are going with 2 enclosures, have each one with sub up, port side. meaning both subwoofers on the top and have the ports on the side at the bottom firing towards the doors. that will move the most air in your cabin. make sure the ports are as many inches away from the doors as the width of the port for good wave travel. with both ports firing forwards will not move as much air nor hit as hard because the air is only moving out of 2 main locations with the ports firing forwards vs air moving out of 3 main locations with ports firing towards the doors. i sell cars and just sold a 2015 ram 1500. i know the cabins. By the way, nice truck dude, you definitely made the right truck choice. your gonna have to tweak your enclosure dimensions though to meet optimal sound. if you are going with a single enclosure then sub up, port front is the way to go. but since you are going with 2 separate enclosures, go with subs up ports side.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived