Sonic Electronix

2 alpine R series 12. (Newest gen)

Hey fellas  and felletes

I've got a beautifully expensive and clean 1500 rms going to these subs.

And I've got a very nice custum birch made ported enclosure for them. However as for specs,  I have no idea what it is besides being tuned to 34  htz.

( this box was purchased off FB and is not built for the subs)

So I've been introduced to other subs, and this isnt a comparison thread. But I am SERIEOUSLY  disappointed with these type Rs, they don't hit anything unless its certain songs!

My 15 in a prefab box sounds and performs so much better that I am very close to selling these type rs for quick $$

So my question... Is my box the problem here? Maybe the dude on FB was selling it cause it's a turd?

Or am I just too much of a serious bass head for type Rs??  I mean they get down, but only certain songs. Other songs im asking myself  "wtf do I have some crappy walmart duel subs or what".

Considering the reviews I see, and the power I'm feeding them..somethings off. 

That's how disappointed I am.

Any ideas?

I have no ruler or tape measure nearby...I live on a giant farm with all sorts of equipment and no way to measure something.  LOL, I got a 6 foot wrench though lmao, hell I could go find a normal wrench and measure it in that hahaha.

I'll get around to seeing what I can do for measurements though..hopefully pics help

20200331_141339.jpg

20200331_141325.jpg

20200331_141316.jpg

On 3/31/2020 at 2:21 PM, AaronT said:

That box is way big for them

So you really think a different box will make a difference? I'm about to pull the trigger on an atrend that's made specifically for type Rs.

Yes I know its prefab, but these arnt my showpiece subs.

? that also changes vehicle to vehicle which atrend enclosure? there is no perfect box for any sub that i know of

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived