Need help newb confused on low volts for electrical.

this is kinda long and confusing.Here is my concern so I did the big 3 or 4 really because I have a fuse box in the trunk too. I am using all 0/2 OFC and the amp and alternator is fused. I bought a 350amp alternator BUT the battery volts will drop down to 10.1 and my lights flicker so at the moment I stopped  turning up the bass/volume because I do not want to damage anything. It was doing that BEFORE I installed everything and I know I have a drain somewhere because the car's battery will die overnight it's been like that for awhile like I said BEFORE I installed anything. I had them try to charge it at autozone and they said they couldn't get it above 9 volts and it wasn't a good battery but I am able to jump it and it will hold a charge while driving. I guess I am wondering shouldn't the alternator ensure the battery stays above 14volts. I mean while driving it fluctuates from 10.1 to 14.8. So is the alternator not putting out what it's supposed to or the alternator only puts out amperage and the battery is doing all the work as far as voltage ? I assume no matter how good the alternator is even if Jesus made it himself  the battery has a issue it's only going to put out what it can? Does the car's pcm say hey I don't care if your alternator is 900 amps I am going to regulate it to the factory 150? Yes I know I should fix the battery drain issue that is on the list. Or should I be running another battery but then how would I know the alternator is actually putting out 350 amps? I guess I should get an amp clamp to test it?Thank you

Amp is a Orion 2500

Sub is a Hippo XLR wired to 1ohm

stock 2007 Cadillac DTS 840 amp battery 

big 4"

alternator is this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HIGH-OUTPUT-350-AMP-ALTERNATOR-FOR-CADILLAC-DTS-BUICK-LUCERNE-4-6L-2006-10/253199538740?fits=Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A4.6L&hash=item3af3de5a34:g:y-kAAOSwM-tcnU3m:sc:USPSPriority!87124!US!-1

I asked the seller about the voltage and he told me this "Hi,Depend to your RPM and load voltage change from 12V to 14V ,you get maximum output watt on 12V and no load you will get around 14V ,Thanks" just I let you know I am the first person in USA and world start upgrade hair pin style alternator and everybody start to copy from me 

If your hitting 10.1v with a 350 amp alt in only 2500 watts I would say that alt is no we’re near 350.  As for the bat, sounds like a bad battery, when the car is running the alt is feeding the power so of course the battery will show higher voltage, what’s the resting voltage of the bat when the car is off?

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

Autozone said they could not get the battery to accept a charge and 9v was as much as they could get it to hold. If you have a bad cell (or several) then you may not have a parasitic drain, just a battery that cannot hold, and thus retain, enough of a charge to start the car in the morning.

= Battery is bad, replace the batt (take this opportunist to upgrade it to a decent AGM, parts store AGM is fine) and then report your new voltage measurements.

Your alt is bad. Cadillacs are the worst vehicles to mess with electrical systems in. They are very fussy.

You want pcm bypassed 14.8v setpoint, self exciting, internal regulated  alternator. 

Those one on eBay are not high output, they do not put out amperage they say. They are same as factory amperage or less.

They are built in China, and the seller imports them here. They know nothing about them other than they are made in China.

You get a real alternator, contact Jonathan Patrick on Facebook, his company is Brand X electrical. 305$ shipped for a 250 amp with features I listed above.

Archived