Alt upgrade .. Make a difference .yes or no?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, BMG18 said:

I would like to put the 270 or 300 alt in unfortunately I'm very limited on what i can work with.. it's a 98 4 runner that came with stock 70amp and noone makes them unless it's special order which for some reason almost double the cost of other H.O. alts .so i did the cs144 swap out of a 95 cadillac .. Its the same mounting style as Toyota  Its suppose be 140 amp but I've never seen those numbers.. and as for the same year & STYLE CS144  I've only seen up to 220 or maybe 250 and for only around $300 or less ... I appreciate the info tho . Makes sense when it's broke down

Do you know if that alternator will fit a 95 land cruiser? I am having the same issue finding a bigger than 80 amp alternator...

5 hours ago, Jln213 said:

Do you know if that alternator will fit a 95 land cruiser? I am having the same issue finding a bigger than 80 amp alternator...

You've emailed all the companies and asked?

Just because they don't list it, doesnt mean they won't make it, goodluck!

On 4/1/2020 at 10:32 PM, BMG18 said:

The yellow top came with truck but ive learned they turned to sh*t when they left USA.. don't know how old it is but I've had for 3 years.. i use a meter off of my obd2 program . Which given it prolly has couple millisecond lag but i haven't personally seen it drop below 12.8 maybe and that's long bass note. 

I'm trying keep it in the $400ish range.. Found 220 alt for $250 and i Kno the battery runs under 400 i just wouldn't sure if it was needed or if i would benefit sound wise... Thanks for advice

You didn't find a 220 amp alt for 250. You found the eBay Chinese junk for 250.

You can get a great alt from brand x. 250 amp (180-190 @ idle/ 280 at 2250) shipped to you for about $305. 

Find em on Facebook

3 hours ago, Ipoksmote said:

You've emailed all the companies and asked?

Just because they don't list it, doesnt mean they won't make it, goodluck!

8 hours ago, Jln213 said:

Brand x will build you anything for any car 

As far as alt size goes, the smaller the engine and bigger alt , the engine has a hard time dealing with the increased drag.

My 250 amp gives my 2.3l a run for it's money at stop lights

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, Ipoksmote said:

Well bro I can tell you I have a new 200A iraggi alt coming sometime this next week.

I'll let you know if I notice a difference .

Definitely let me Kno .. I'm curious as FK.. they have it on there site or u have to call to get it special made

If your car takes like 90-130 amps to run all its usual stuff then you only upgrade to a 150 or 200 amp alt then your only really gaining 60-110 amps theoretically speaking. That's why you always try to get the biggest you can go, and never go with some no name ebay shit that claims big numbers.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

On 4/5/2020 at 6:29 PM, 1.21gigawatts said:

I would get a 370 or 390 to have head room if you can afford it. Or you can get a dc 270. Email singer, ces, mechman, JS, and iraggi too. 

On 4/5/2020 at 10:38 PM, Ipoksmote said:

Well bro I can tell you I have a new 200A iraggi alt coming sometime this next week.

I'll let you know if I notice a difference .

Did Iraggi finally come back around? I know they were having issues left and right

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived