Alt upgrade .. Make a difference .yes or no?

4 hours ago, BigBrucewithKia said:

I tested my 5k on stock alt I metered 137, but only 500 watts of the 5k was being used. So if you want bigger numbers you need the bigger alt to keep the voltage up as others have said.

Dam that's only 10% of power... I got a feeling these DC's are really gonna wake up 

the month long wait for my 320a brand x alt was well worth it and i suggest getting a color on it also :D looks AMAZING.

oh and my 320a paid alt, came out at 350a :) ive seen higher results also.

15" Neo Elite

135AH Lithium Bank

Taramps Bass30k

320a Brand X Purple Metallic Ho Alt

125+ Ft of oversized 1/0

ATnqTu2.jpg ZpNzSWw.jpgZlH1dRI.jpg 

On 5/13/2020 at 2:59 AM, MichiganBumps said:

the month long wait for my 320a brand x alt was well worth it and i suggest getting a color on it also :D looks AMAZING.

oh and my 320a paid alt, came out at 350a :) ive seen higher results also.

Is yours a inline 4 or v6 engine? Did you notice difference with the engine strain to keep up with it or can u even notice it?

5 hours ago, BMG18 said:

Is yours a inline 4 or v6 engine? Did you notice difference with the engine strain to keep up with it or can u even notice it?

if it is enough strain on it cant you just up your idle rpm by 100 or so to compensate? 

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

1 hour ago, Dragonsyph said:

if it is enough strain on it cant you just up your idle rpm by 100 or so to compensate? 

Yes you can, but it's still strain. It's fighting against drag. The drag is there, regardless if the rpm's are overcoming it

4 hours ago, AaronT said:

Yes you can, but it's still strain. It's fighting against drag. The drag is there, regardless if the rpm's are overcoming it

Aww ya that make sense, i had to up mine because i was getting bad idle, and thats with a v8 lol.

Sundown NSV4 18"  +  Sundown SALT-4 Baby

MechMan Elite 370a  +  XS3100 - XP3000

SHCA 1/0 OFC(blue+  SMD Fuse Holders(blue)

Pioneer AVH-2440NEX  SHCA Pro RCA 

FINALLY got my 320 amp alternator installed yesterday, in my F150 And Holy shites ! This thing made SUCH a difference ! I thought maybe Id be able to go a notch higher on my volume control... or push on my bass knob a bit more, before my clipping indicator would start to blink... But instead, no. That is pretty close to the same. Instead, "at the same volume #, and pushing the bass know just the same" it is just getting so much louder ! I can totally tell by how much more it blurs my vision :) And that it does this, on some songs which didn't blur my vision at all, before.

Next week, I'm replacing my 18" sub with a 2 ohm DVC, which will double my wattage, and now, I'm sure my electrical can handle it :) WinIsd says I will get 4 m,ore db's ! That's freaking huge ! I'm SO stoked :)

Oh, I also finished sound deadening all 4 doors in the truck, and Wow ! What a difference :)

BTW, I notice absolutely ZERO difference with drag on my 5.4L V8. On the contrary, my mechanic cleaned out my throttle body, and replaced my air filter, and my truck is idling faster, and smoother than before the new HO alternator !  

Whooo Hooo !  :)

23 minutes ago, Richard Potato said:

Imo keep it simple stupid. Start with a smaller pulley on your existing alt. Get a belt a half inch shorter. You should notice a considerable difference.

I'm totally amazed my stock alternator lasted as long as it did. In fact, it never completely failed... (which is cool, as I kept it as a backup)

I just knew 130 amps would not be enough. Talked about getting a big strong alternator for years. Finally took the plunge, and so glad I did.

On 4/5/2020 at 3:58 PM, BMG18 said:

I would like to put the 270 or 300 alt in unfortunately I'm very limited on what i can work with.. it's a 98 4 runner that came with stock 70amp and noone makes them unless it's special order which for some reason almost double the cost of other H.O. alts .so i did the cs144 swap out of a 95 cadillac .. Its the same mounting style as Toyota  Its suppose be 140 amp but I've never seen those numbers.. and as for the same year & STYLE CS144  I've only seen up to 220 or maybe 250 and for only around $300 or less ... I appreciate the info tho . Makes sense when it's broke down

JS alt is building me one for my 06 canyon 384$ custom built they don’t even sel h/o alts for my truck and the biggest you can get is 100amps I’d message him on Facebook he responded same day with in couple hours and I payed and it’ll be here next week 

Archived