Sundown Audio

I would love to hear amp recommendations

Dafaseles

I'm currently looking to purchase 2 3500 watt @1 ohm 14.4v amps to push my 4 12" FI audio Q series neo subs. One amp per set. I was looking into the dc audio 3.5k then saw an older video about the Orion 3000.1dsplx doing over 3500 watts at about 14 volts and handling box rise really well. Though, doing some more research on the Orion amps, people say they're not reliable. I was just curious about people's recommendations and opinions about amplifiers of this output. Thanks in advance! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Go DC or incriminator

That's been the direction I've been heading. Leaning more toward dc just because of price but I've read incriminator is more reliable

Do you not see the recent there the guy on here got two bad RP series amps in a row

50 incriminator audio IA30.1

0go to the incriminator audio website and read about the amplifier no other company is doing that with their boards and I'm not talking about the split Force thing I'm talking about the double sided epoxy 3 oz traces and the mirror slave and master settings these such high tolerance in their parts 

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

Do you not see the recent there the guy on here got two bad RP series amps in a row

0go to the incriminator audio website and read about the amplifier no other company is doing that with their boards and I'm not talking about the split Force thing I'm talking about the double sided epoxy 3 oz traces and the mirror slave and master settings these such high tolerance in their parts 

I did go to their website and all that sounded great! I only found 1 website that sells them and they where I think $1,089 a piece. Is that a decent price? I can't ask the stereo shops in my area to pick one up for me. They'll purposely gouge the hell out if the price because it's not jl, fosgate, or kicker. (There's only 1 place around here that JUST started carrying Digital Design) those incriminator amps seem beefy as hell though! 

3 hours ago, AaronT said:

No i didnt but im sure the thread stated something like o their garbage blah blah blah. Didnt state info clearly and didnt state wether customer service from skar helped them out or not. Any company mass producing amps has some leave with factory defects. Qc dont catch them all. Were they new or refurbed? I didnt see the thread so idk.

14 hours ago, mathewyocham said:

Skar audio rp3.5k.

I haven't really heard anything positive about the skar amps except they're cheap in price and in the perfect conditions perform really well... but as far as things like box rise and unforeseen issues, they fall flat. One thing I read was at a perfect 1 ohm, the skar amps kill... but when you factor in box rise, with the skar amps you could be seeing half our even 1/3rd of the watts. Not dissing skar, I've never owned one. I'm just stating what I've read hoping for some further insight

7 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I haven't really heard anything positive about the skar amps except they're cheap in price and in the perfect conditions perform really well... but as far as things like box rise and unforeseen issues, they fall flat. One thing I read was at a perfect 1 ohm, the skar amps kill... but when you factor in box rise, with the skar amps you could be seeing half our even 1/3rd of the watts. Not dissing skar, I've never owned one. I'm just stating what I've read hoping for some further insight

There are lots of dynos of skar amps out there proving they do rated power. I dont know wat u mean by perfect conditions but if u mean having proper electrical thats any amp. Also box rise and everything is something you deal with with any amp. Dont buy skar thats fine. But to spread misinformation based on bias opinions youve heard and no real experience with the brand is wrong. Ive been running multiple skar amps for years with zero issues and great performance. Because of this i will always recomend skar. Are there other good amp brands out there? Absolutely. But imo the quality per dollar from skar is hard to beat.

14 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

There are lots of dynos of skar amps out there proving they do rated power. I dont know wat u mean by perfect conditions but if u mean having proper electrical thats any amp. Also box rise and everything is something you deal with with any amp. Dont buy skar thats fine. But to spread misinformation based on bias opinions youve heard and no real experience with the brand is wrong. Ive been running multiple skar amps for years with zero issues and great performance. Because of this i will always recomend skar. Are there other good amp brands out there? Absolutely. But imo the quality per dollar from skar is hard to beat.

I wasn't trying to spread anything. Just repeating an article I read that the person who wrote it actually used skar as an example. That's all. To clarify, the writer was talking about why some amps are more expensive than others that are rated the same. I was just trying to have a conversation about it. 

Archived