Sundown Audio

I would love to hear amp recommendations

Dafaseles

38 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Well the skar amps do usually do the rated, quality is the problem.

the price you found for the incriminator amp is the price they should sell for 1089

Cool. Yeah, everything I've read about the incriminator says it's a tough amp. Very well made. And being mounted in the bed of my truck, it's going to get bounced around a little. Thanks for your feedback! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Here’s something positive from Skar been running them for over 5yrs No issues whatsoever , my mane question is what’s your electrical like cause no amp will sound good at 10volts, If you want good power Skar SK , Sundown or American Bass VFL I personally can say handle a lot of abuse under 1ohm and are very trusted. U better have at least 1 BIG ALT and 5-6 Batteries or your wasting your time , But 7K of just bass pretty much needs 2 ALT’s.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

21 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Here’s something positive from Skar been running them for over 5yrs No issues whatsoever , my mane question is what’s your electrical like cause no amp will sound good at 10volts, If you want good power Skar SK , Sundown or American Bass VFL I personally can say handle a lot of abuse under 1ohm and are very trusted. U better have at least 1 BIG ALT and 5-6 Batteries or your wasting your time , But 7K of just bass pretty much needs 2 ALT’s.

1 370 amp mechman, 2 stinger SPP1500DC's under the hood and I'm planning on buying a full throttle 1150. I emailed sky high car audio and asked them their recommendation and they said that setup would push 2 DC Audio 3.5k's and my highs amps. I figured I would upgrade my big 4 from 2/0 to 4/0, then battery to battery go 2 runs of 2/0. I'm thinking though, if I get that incriminator audio amp, I'm probably going to need a little more. I'll have to check out American bass...I haven't checked them out yet at all. 

Nothing wrong with DC , I have no experience with Incriminator so can’t  say anything but they look strong. With all that power U better have 2k in mids.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

You'll see no benefit in 4/0 over 2/0.

The short runs of 2/0 used for big 4 can handle 500 amps (20 foot run can handle 500 amps) your alts are only 370-390 amps and have over 100 amp headroom .

4/0 can carry 700 amps at 20 feet.

Just add another run of 2/ 0 to rear

2 runs of 1/0 carry more amperage than 1 run of 4/0

15 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Nothing wrong with DC , I have no experience with Incriminator so can’t  say anything but they look strong. With all that power U better have 2k in mids.

Lol. I'm only running 1200 in mids. I tend to go overboard on things sometimes. I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone could point me in a direction to learn more about electrical, wiring, fusing,  batteries, numbers describing the batteries and what they mean, so in and so forth. I didn't get any replies. Whether it's a book, website, YouTube videos, if you know of anything, it would be greatly appreciated

17 minutes ago, AaronT said:

You'll see no benefit in 4/0 over 2/0.

The short runs of 2/0 used for big 4 can handle 500 amps (20 foot run can handle 500 amps) your alts are only 370-390 amps and have over 100 amp headroom .

4/0 can carry 700 amps at 20 feet.

Just add another run of 2/ 0 to rear

2 runs of 1/0 carry more amperage than 1 run of 4/0

Thank you! I couldn't find any information explaining just that so I figured do too much, you can't go wrong. That will save me at least almost $100 right there. I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone could point me in a direction to learn more about electrical, wiring, fusing,  batteries, numbers describing the batteries and what they mean, so on and so forth. I didn't get any replies. Whether it's a book, website, YouTube videos, if you know of anything, it would be greatly appreciated

Archived