Sundown Audio

I would love to hear amp recommendations

Dafaseles

12 minutes ago, jig said:

I've been running my Orion hcca 3k for two years and haven't had a single issue. I run it at 1 ohm with a 370 alt and two xs d3400. I think the value of the Orion  is the best imho.

Yeah, I was looking at those hard, and they do well over advertised at 1, 2, and 4 ohm. And they're a company, though sold a million times, have been around forever.... though I guess just the name being sold doesn't mean the company is still the same. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

20 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Amp hours are only what concerns us.

Xs power has some good info in thier site

I'm going right now to check that out. Thank you very much! 

The Orion looks strong on all the videos I’ve seen but never personally used one.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

18 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Yeah, I was looking at those hard, and they do well over advertised at 1, 2, and 4 ohm. And they're a company, though sold a million times, have been around forever.... though I guess just the name being sold doesn't mean the company is still the same. 

I understand your concerns but products are either good or bad. The Orion hcca splx  line is good,  imo. Mine has been so good I have a second one in my basement, I plan to strap them in the near future once I can afford to upgrade my electrical and subs. I did have a hard time finding that amp for a while,  I wonder if they are readily available now. 

1 hour ago, jig said:

I understand your concerns but products are either good or bad. The Orion hcca splx  line is good,  imo. Mine has been so good I have a second one in my basement, I plan to strap them in the near future once I can afford to upgrade my electrical and subs. I did have a hard time finding that amp for a while,  I wonder if they are readily available now. 

I've looked within the past week. I can only find them on Ebay. Sound solutions audio has them on their site, but they're selling them for $1000. My concern with the Orion's are, and maybe you can help me with this, is their build quality. I've never owned one, I'm not saying they're bad, this is just what I've read.... that the boards and components don't hold up to actual abuse.... I'm not talking cranking the gain, but more like accidentally dropping it. They're going to be mounted in the bed of my truck and it's my daily driver. They're going to be mounted VERY securely and in their own enclosed amp rack fitted with fans. The way the incriminator amp says its built, it sounds like the old school Nokia phones of amps lol. Has yours seen much hard bouncing or anything like that which it would see in the bed of a truck? I hope I'm explaining my question without sounding like an idiot lol. 

Archived