Sundown Audio

Recommend an Amp

RichSsa

I run the sk 3500 with DC subs.. (had the amp before subs) I'm not a pro in any way or shape but I've had the RP's  before the SK along with could other well known brands and haven't looked back when i bought my skar... Only speaking on MY experience , very clean output .underrated power and haven't had a single problem .. only draw back for RP is the aux connector for the bass knob but i use aftermarket (maybe $10 $20) so it wasn't really a problem 

11 hours ago, RichSsa said:

Never really considered the alt and battery. The system is going in my 19 charger scatpack and the alt is 220 amp idk if that’s sufficient or not. The battery although new it’ll lose some juice and I’ll replace it with something better down the road.

I don’t know what would be good with enough watts to run the sub at 4ohm but it’ll probably be to high at 1ohm to run this subwoofer, since it’s only rated at 1250 rms. 

Keep in mind, if you have a 220 amp alt from the factory, there is probably a reason they needed that much power. You will be adding demand that isn't there from the factory. However, if you are thinking about running 1.5K or less, I would start with switching your factory battery with a quality battery and then see if you need an alt.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Ive ran a pair of the lp series skar amps for years with no issues. All dynos of any skar amp shows them doing rated or over. No dirty power here with my lp amps. They have a built in clipping detector. And as far as im aware skar amps put out clean power unlike audiopipe or cab amps. Youll find alot of skar haters but watch dynos done by solid sources such as mr meade himself or big d wiz. Skar equipment has proven its worth. As far as an upgraded batt look at kinetik or deka. Depending on the size batt you need the ebay seller battery mom sells refurbed or rebadged agms cheap. If you cant fit a hefty agm up front you can always add one in back as a secondary instead.

• 3 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 1:55 AM, RichSsa said:

Only options I saw on their website for a SSA amplifier was a 500w 2 channel, 600w 4 channel and a 2200w mono amp. I felt like none of those would work for my application. I tried contacting them with no success. I’m leaning towards a Skar rp1500 amplifier right now. 

We have answered all emails, messages, and chats as of 3 hours ago.

Archived