Second Skin Audio

Looking for advice on a subwoofer

2DIE

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Oh no, I wasn't recommending jl, fosgate, or kicker, just using them as an example... if anything, that dd sounds good. Fi audio makes subs that like big enclosures. But if I were in your situation, I think you'd find more suitable subs for that enclosure around the 1000 to 1500 watt range.... if that's an option

Not really an option to buy another amp at the moment, I'll check out Fi Audio and see if they are available here. 

Go with the dd sub to match your amp and after subwoofer displacement the enclosure will be about 3 cubic feet. That’s fine being that you aren’t feeding it a lot if power and want the enclosure a little bit bigger than recommend for bigger bass at that wattage. If you were feeding it double or triple that then I would stick to recommended specs. You’re good to go with the dd sub to complete your set up.  

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 1 month later...

Why don’t you just fill your enclosure with some extra wood or bracing to lower the internal net volume to fit whatever sub you have in there on the power you give it? 

Archived