Second Skin Audio

Sub bottoming out?

1 hour ago, 121gigawatts said:

Steve Meade and Derrick Williston are some of the only older dudes in the game I won’t rag on for being older in the game because they became legends and no need to let a legacy die no matter the age and you have to respect it. Plus they make money off car audio so it’s their career as well. So if they are a legend or it’s their career then they have a pass and most are shot callers. But you, mrSkippy, are just some regular old guy who likes car audio. Lol! 

by your own definitions then, you are also just "some guy" and do not deserve a pass.  how about you just shut your mouth and move along?  rather than flooding someones post with your bullshit?

19 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

What do you mean you can’t set you gains like that? I know that amp. Most amps are 0.2-6v input sensitivity and where I said set the dial is where it’s suppose to be for any 0.2-6v input sensitivity gain, which is almost EVERY NEWER AMP. I told him exactly where to set his gains. Don’t confuse him. And if the subwoofer isn’t catching a certain frequency correctly it can make mechanical noise too. I’m telling him EXACTLY where to set his gain and filters to the “T” because like I said, I know the amp model. I didn’t know it was a xtr at first but once I found out it was i knew exactly where and how to set it. I have meters and distortion detectors that tell me exactly what I need to know. Op, just watch these 3 videos and it will teach you all you need to know since I have somebody trying to confuse you cause he thinks he knows what he is talking about. Let’s let these renown professionals show you what I basically did for you without you having to do anything. Watch the videos. 

Lord all mighty, guess what you may have a fancy smancy distortion detector or meter or what have you. And you may be able to set the gain on YOUR XTR 650.1D visually on the money time and time again because you've metered it a few times. But your XTR 650.1D and his aren't the same.

There is or are Soo many factors that make it literally impossible to replicate that from model to model unless hand built one at a time with the same batches of ultra high tolerance components used on each amp. Even then, there still would be slight difference between them still will not permit setting gain on one amplifier by matching the position big the dial against the metered amplifier.

Now in cheap, amps like the xtr line and hcca line they are massed produced and don't use as tight tolerance components. The amps are bad ass and I recommend  them constantly, and own an xtr1500.1dz just because I recommended one to someone and saw on Amazon they were 229. 

But anyway "cheap" amps don't need to use super tight tolerance components to get the job done, make clean power, be reliable and satisfy the customers. I have seen differences in voltage output from 2 channel amps that share the same gain. They get within 15-25 or so watts of each other. Same with 4 channel amps 

So there's that much variance between channels on the same amp, there for sure will be even more between actual different amps. Could be as much as an ⅛" turn on the dial. Impossible to set gains by text. Lol

I do not run a xtr amp. I said I just know them. And most stereo shops you go to just say fuck it and set the gain on half no matter what amp or head unit. I’m close with people at shops because we have a common interest like us all, car audio.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

Lord all mighty, guess what you may have a fancy smancy distortion detector or meter or what have you. And you may be able to set the gain on YOUR XTR 650.1D visually on the money time and time again because you've metered it a few times. But your XTR 650.1D and his aren't the same.

There is or are Soo many factors that make it literally impossible to replicate that from model to model unless hand built one at a time with the same batches of ultra high tolerance components used on each amp. Even then, there still would be slight difference between them still will not permit setting gain on one amplifier by matching the position big the dial against the metered amplifier.

Now in cheap, amps like the xtr line and hcca line they are massed produced and don't use as tight tolerance components. The amps are bad ass and I recommend  them constantly, and own an xtr1500.1dz just because I recommended one to someone and saw on Amazon they were 229. 

But anyway "cheap" amps don't need to use super tight tolerance components to get the job done, make clean power, be reliable and satisfy the customers. I have seen differences in voltage output from 2 channel amps that share the same gain. They get within 15-25 or so watts of each other. Same with 4 channel amps 

So there's that much variance between channels on the same amp, there for sure will be even more between actual different amps. Could be as much as an ⅛" turn on the dial. Impossible to set gains by text. Lol

When an input sensitivity of an amp is the same as another then the gain is almost the exact same. Not exact, but close. It’s a fuckin knob that goes from 6 volts to .2 volts. No matter the size of the knob, the voltage spread is about the same as long as the amp has the same sensitivity ratings. How hard is that to understand? Now if the amps gain input sensitivity is .2v-8v then the o’clock average dial setting I explained wouldn’t work with that sensitivity. It only works with amps with .2v-6v sensitivity. It’s damn near the same spread on any 0.2-6v sensitivity amp even some .2v-5v older amps can be set the same as newer .2v-6v amps because I’ve had old school amps as well. I’ve tuned so many amps that I can tune any amp with the car off and radio off. But go ahead and let’s keep talking shit when the problem the OP was having already has been resolved, thanks to me, note that. I told him a safe place to put the gain if he didn’t know what he was doing. And if he knows a little something something then he will be able to tweak it to the best spots after he puts the knobs in the spots I told him. Where I told him to set the filter would safely have him anywhere from 70 to 100 he which is fine and where I told him to set the gain would have him not clipping or possibly soft clipping which again, is fine. I even posted 3 videos that teach him how to tune his amp with a multimeter, a speaker with a 3.3 microfarad cap and some test tones. So forget the dial diagram I explained for average amps, he can tune his amp perfect for about $5 if he has a speaker and digital multimeter laying around and knows how to order caps from parts express. How is you putting your comments in going to help him? How is bashing at me going to help him? The videos are on point and that U.K. dude is a legend in the car audio game in the U.K. and the first 2 videos are made by people who make car audio products. Then y’all have to know the guy in the last video I posted, that’s EXO. Don’t listen to me, listen to them. They are more repeatable in car audio than you and I and everyone on this thread. So no need to pop off and get sour, just let them videos teach him. Problem solved and no need to beef. You’re not on my list so there’s no need for us to get sour with each other. Show love. And I don’t have a fancy smancy detector or meter. I have a $6 multimeter, a $60 Chinese O scope multimeter combo, a $15 clamp meter and a homemade distortion detector like in the video. I don’t waste money on stuff like that when there’s no need to. That $60 Chinese joint is so on point just like a fluke and that home made detector is too. That’s all I really use. That $6 multimeter isnt all the way on point but does the job for other stuff. I only use my distortion detector for subwoofer amps and I use my o scope to tune 4 channel amps. On subwoofer amps the pass filters can be done without a meter but on a 4 channel amp if you want top notch sound quality and crossover then you tune the filters with a multimeter. Other than that, I do it by experience. 

1 hour ago, bmwking said:

by your own definitions then, you are also just "some guy" and do not deserve a pass.  how about you just shut your mouth and move along?  rather than flooding someones post with your bullshit?

You must have reading comprehension problems. Lol! I’m not some old man so I don’t fall into that criteria that I set out and ragged him on. I’m in my 20s and will be done with car audio by the time I’m his age because it doesn’t make me money and when I’m fully matured I will then see that it was just an expensive phase or fad. Unlike you I’m wise. But fuck it, I’m gonna bang my system and be young and dumb while I can. Now if I were in my 40s and not making money on car audio and I was still in that fad, I would want people to call it how they see it and call it being a fucking loser. Simple as that. So just go play with chicken blood and some shells and draw pentagrams on your bathroom mirror while having a talk with yourself. I know since you’re about 40 it touched your ego the wrong way and you’re probably a loser too. So go stare at a goat head and ask your ouija board who I am and if you should continue in this path with me. Lol! I’ll wait...

And reflect on this, you are almost 40 years old and you live in a one story vinyl siding house and driving an old ass car that’s wholesale value is about $500 (I know this because I sale cars for a living) and your emoji is some bephomet head samael Lilith bullshit (I know this because I’m not the one to tread upon lol). You’re a fucking loser. Lol! Now ask them who I am. Now if you fail and tread again, you will be punished. My Memra is set in stone. Now remember, my hands will be washed if you do not comply. Go consult the ouija or voices now and maybe burn a candle or something. Lol!

Have you looked at your sub woofer box size and port size?  So many variables.  

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

2 hours ago, 121gigawatts said:

You must have reading comprehension problems. Lol! I’m not some old man so I don’t fall into that criteria that I set out and ragged him on. I’m in my 20s and will be done with car audio by the time I’m his age because it doesn’t make me money and when I’m fully matured I will then see that it was just an expensive phase or fad. Unlike you I’m wise. But fuck it, I’m gonna bang my system and be young and dumb while I can. Now if I were in my 40s and not making money on car audio and I was still in that fad, I would want people to call it how they see it and call it being a fucking loser. Simple as that. So just go play with chicken blood and some shells and draw pentagrams on your bathroom mirror while having a talk with yourself. I know since you’re about 40 it touched your ego the wrong way and you’re probably a loser too. So go stare at a goat head and ask your ouija board who I am and if you should continue in this path with me. Lol! I’ll wait...

And reflect on this, you are almost 40 years old and you live in a one story vinyl siding house and driving an old ass car that’s wholesale value is about $500 (I know this because I sale cars for a living) and your emoji is some bephomet head samael Lilith bullshit (I know this because I’m not the one to tread upon lol). You’re a fucking loser. Lol! Now ask them who I am. Now if you fail and tread again, you will be punished. My Memra is set in stone. Now remember, my hands will be washed if you do not comply. Go consult the ouija or voices now and maybe burn a candle or something. Lol!

oh lord, please sir, bring your so called pain.  please be the wise sage you claim to be and continue to argue on the internet like someone who belongs on r/iamverybadass

keep going with that deep dive tho i want to see how much more wrong shit you can spew.   

im a pretty inclusive guy and welcome everyone here, well almost.  i hope you get your jollies and fuck off back to facebook where you probably win your arguments against the mouth breathers there.  you're definitely a member of IJWB, i can tell by your low IQ and high chromosome count.

have a good night child

if We weren’t in quarantine o.p I’d let you use my dd-1 well if you are in the u.s lol... unless your o scope is big enough to actually see the 1% thd I have yet to find a  cheap handheld that I could see it pop up

Archived