One of my "bucket list" RF amps just recently came to me from a fan on the west coast...the Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 "25 to LIFE" anniversary edition amplifier. These were announced back in 2005 for Rockford's 25th anniversary, but didn't go on sale until 2006. They were hand built in Tempe, AZ by RF employees, all 2500 of them!

This was Rockford's first five-channel version of the Power 1000 rated for 100x4 plus 600x1 at 4 ohms for the 1000W, but was stable at 1 ohm on all channels for 150x4 plus 800x1 on sub channel for over 1400W total! Don't think all of this power came cheap or in a small chassis as this amp retailed for $1499 and measures 24 x 13 x 2 1/2" so it's not going to be easily hidden in a stealth install....but who would want to hide this beauty? With the chrome-plated covers and LED VU meters, this amp screams "look at me" and "show me off".

With only 2500 of these to go around, finding a nice example that's affordable is not an easy task. Luckily I was offered this one at a reasonable price from someone who knew they would get to see a video of their old amp! Works out for all of us, right? I've seen these on eBay with sellers asking in excess of $1000 USD and who knows, it may still be worth that amount.

In this video I show some history of the Power 1000, back to 1988. I also talk about the importance of the 25 to LIFE amps and how the Power 1000 version was the creme' de la creme' of RF amps. I not only talk about the amp, specs and price, but perform Amp Dyno Test, show the internals, bump some subs and do SPL Tests. Lots of fun here, so enjoy!

Watch on YouTube in 4K UHD quality or embedded below:

https://youtu.be/NW3Je09hdQY

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Back in the late 90’s I ran a Punch 500m on 3 Punch Audiophile 12’s and it was still to this day one of the best systems I’ve ever had and had no idea how much output it was doing.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

On 4/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, 1.21gigawatts said:

I wish they would come out with a t5000 bdcp or something around that. I loved my t1500 bdcp. 

That would be pretty dope!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

On 4/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, BigDWiz said:

One of my "bucket list" RF amps just recently came to me from a fan on the west coast...the Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 "25 to LIFE" anniversary edition amplifier. These were announced back in 2005 for Rockford's 25th anniversary, but didn't go on sale until 2006. They were hand built in Tempe, AZ by RF employees, all 2500 of them!

This was Rockford's first five-channel version of the Power 1000 rated for 100x4 plus 600x1 at 4 ohms for the 1000W, but was stable at 1 ohm on all channels for 150x4 plus 800x1 on sub channel for over 1400W total! Don't think all of this power came cheap or in a small chassis as this amp retailed for $1499 and measures 24 x 13 x 2 1/2" so it's not going to be easily hidden in a stealth install....but who would want to hide this beauty? With the chrome-plated covers and LED VU meters, this amp screams "look at me" and "show me off".

With only 2500 of these to go around, finding a nice example that's affordable is not an easy task. Luckily I was offered this one at a reasonable price from someone who knew they would get to see a video of their old amp! Works out for all of us, right? I've seen these on eBay with sellers asking in excess of $1000 USD and who knows, it may still be worth that amount.

In this video I show some history of the Power 1000, back to 1988. I also talk about the importance of the 25 to LIFE amps and how the Power 1000 version was the creme' de la creme' of RF amps. I not only talk about the amp, specs and price, but perform Amp Dyno Test, show the internals, bump some subs and do SPL Tests. Lots of fun here, so enjoy!

Watch on YouTube in 4K UHD quality or embedded below:

https://youtu.be/NW3Je09hdQY

Hey Big D, as I had responded to your YouTube video, I owned that amp for almost 12 years and beat the chit out of it the whole time ! Fantastic amp.

So after all that time, I started to have some issues.... And in retrospect, it probably was not even a problem with the amp.... But I wanted to replace it with seperate bass and stereo amps anyway, + to get something new and efficient. So I sold it for $300. It was in mint condition too. I know, I know, used ones are going for $500+.... But I just wanted to get rid of it, and the guy I sold it to (you probably know him) could fix it if their was a problem, so no concern for me to sell it to him, as is.

Only paid $498 for it brand new 12 years ago from Sonic Electronic. Best value ever ! 🙂

That's part of it on the left... Just so you know I'm not BS'ng 🙂 lol The photo was actually for my 18" Skar EVL with two 15" passive radiators 🙂 Can't find a pic right now of just the amp. But it sure was pretty.

IMG_20200203_140937.jpg

Archived