Sonic Electronix

Been out of comps since 95 was a huge rockford guy from the 80s now building truck with 5 rockford T1 12s running at 1 ohm will have 370 amp alternatpr for sub amp and a second one for mids and highs will be a daily driver with periidic shows wanting 8000 watts and on a limited budget was looking at the sundown sfb 8000 any advice on a reliable quality amp yhat wont get me divorced lol would be greatly appreciated

That amp is about the best budget 8k I know of. There are taramps but I would run one of sundowns chinese amps before I would run Brazilian. But I do like Brazilian, but sundown is better for sure. That sfb 8k is a Chinese build, but a good one. American or Korean 8k builds will cost you well over $1000, some close to $2000. Sundown has a Korean built 8k, the salt-8, but it’s $2000. There are Korean and American built 7500s, but they are $1500 or more. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

You can wire 5 dual 2 ohm subs in series to .8 ohms, parallel would be .2 ohms and 5 dual 4 ohm subs to 1.6 ohms and parallel would be .4 ohms. 
check this link out. 
https://jlaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204374200-Dual-Voice-Coil-DVC-Wiring-Tutorial?mobile_site=true

On a “budget” 8k running at .8 ohms daily, the only choice is sundown. Brazilian can do it too, but I wouldn’t trust it as much as I trust sundown. It’s rare you ever hear somebody with a problem with a sundown amp, almost never. But you hear people with a problem with a Brazilian amp often. Not as much as you use to but still enough to worry a little bit. Go with the sundown sfb-8000d. No worries with sundown. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived