Second Skin Audio

What would be a good design for maximum low tuned box for 6x9 coaxial speakers?

Only issue is I'd like to have the option for them to be in separate boxes. in that case I would just need to order a custom sized sealed box from some speaker-box-builder website of some kind. I dont have any hardware to put it together myself. so it would likely be expensive to have 1cu ft sealed boxes for 6x9's

1 hour ago, realflow100 said:

Only issue is I'd like to have the option for them to be in separate boxes. in that case I would just need to order a custom sized sealed box from some speaker-box-builder website of some kind. I dont have any hardware to put it together myself. so it would likely be expensive to have 1cu ft sealed boxes for 6x9's

You can get a 2 12" sealed 2.2 cubic foot box from Amazon for 60$.

Cover hole on front. Put 2 6x9 per chamber.

Or knock out center divider so they all share same air suspension.

Ground shaker makes a sturdy 3 12 box sealed for like $100. That's an option as well

But if taking on such endeavors, why not bump up the 6x9 quality a bit.

Either way they all should sound decent.

I had some Rockford Fosgate t1652 6x9s they literally sounded like a small sub stage

The thing is with a custom box builder is you're not needing anything ported, so having someone build a sealed box would be cost prohibitive.

Bare minimum they ain't gonna touch a box build for under 200 id imagine

And let's say you have him build a 2 cubic foot box, well 200 for "custom work" or pay the $60 for a pre-fab same dimensions.

We aren't putting big subs in it, so nothing the pre fab couldn't do that the custom could.

I do have a box for 2 12's but its ported. I'd need to seal the port or something to give it cleaner sound.

and also would need a large board with two 6x9 cutouts in it. as far apart as possible for best stereo sound.

I'm not sure where to get cheap boards from though.

and all I have is wood glue to glue it on with. not even any nails.

I think it would be better to just wait and save up until I can find some kind of better enclosures.

wayyyyy back in the day, like 20 years ago, i installed some excelon 4 way 6x9s in the back deck of a lumina sedan on a 200w full range amp.  obv they were infinite baffle due to rear deck oe replacement mounting.  those things slammed like he had a couple of 8s at least.  i was blown away that 6x9s could make that much sound.  

it can be done, tho i'm not sure what would be the best way to go abou tit

Archived