2 channel oscilloscope recommendations?

I have a dd-1 but I would like to get an oscope to verify my gain matching, specifically a 2 channel one to verify the phase and gain levels of two amps (or more down the road...). I've watched barevids description of gain matching but would rather have a scope to verify after the fact.... something he didn't do in his video

Any recommendations? Budget of less than 350$, preferably less than 300$

Can be a handheld one or bench top version. 

Cheers

--------------------------------------------

solved: dd-1 and cc-1 

26 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

the easiest way is probably the SMD CC-1. 

Just read through the manual of the cc-1. I think you are right. A lot easier to set and probably more accurate than an oscope at that price point. Thanks!

1 minute ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

There was a dude selling a dd cc-1 on here less than a week ago. Check it out. 

think it was sold. 

and saw another that was sold from october. Oh well 

I checked that out and it’s a crossover calibrator. It says it sets crossovers, nothing about gains to detect distortion. You can use a digital multimeter to set exact frequencies. The dd-1 is the one for setting the amps gain to “detect distortion”. Mine as well get a digital multimeter o scope in one. They have some good ones for that price range. I bought one for $60. It’s Chinese but it’s good. There is one that I’ve been wanting to get but it’s expensive. Hold up and let me check it to see if it’s in your budget. The cc-1 can be replaced with a digital multimeter and the dd-1 can be replaced with an o scope. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

It called a tpi 440 oscilloscope. And it’s in your price range or you can get a dd-1 and cc-1 as a combo package for about the same price. But I would get the multimeter o scope because it can do the same thing as them 2 devices and way more. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

I checked that out and it’s a crossover calibrator. It says it sets crossovers, nothing about gains so you’re not clipping. You can use a digital multimeter to set exact frequencies. The dd-1 is the one for setting the amps gain to “detect distortion”. Mine as well get a digital multimeter o scope in one. They have some good ones for that price range. I bought one for $60. It’s Chinese but it’s good. There is one that I’ve been wanting to get but it’s expensive. Hold up and let me check it to see if it’s in your budget. 

https://files.secureserver.net/0sZ9oB8GXRrg7V   - page 11 and 12 of CC-1 owners manual.

Matching the gains of mulitiple amplifiers. 

This procedure requires the CC-1 to be placed in a special mode reserved for SPL competitors and audiophiles.

1. Switch the CC-1 off by holding the OFF button for 1 second. (This must be done to initalize the program mode) Now switch CC-1 power on by pressing the ON button.

2. Disconnect the harness to make sure there is no signal being applied to the CC-1 and that the Signal LED is NOT illuminated.

3. Press and hold the READ button for 3-5 seconds or until the Set LEDs start flashing. Release Set button. CC-1 is now in competition mode!!

4. Next you need to connect the CC-1 to the “Master” amplifier’s outputs. Use the included harness to connect to amplifier’s outputs; Red to speaker (+) and Black to battery ground. 12

5. Set the source unit’s volume to zero. Select the track on the CD that corresponds to the desired frequency you wish to match gains at. If you don’t know which frequency to use try 40 Hz (track 10 Disc A) if it is a subwoofer amplifier, or 1 kHz (track 8 Disc B) if it is a full range amplifier. Play track on repeat.

6. Continue by turning up the source unit volume until you see the Signal LED illuminate green. If the LED turns red, this indicates the volume is too high. Turn volume down until LED remains green.

7. When Signal LED remains Green, press the READ button. The Blue Calibrated LED should illuminate.

8. Now without touching any adjustments on anything, connect the CC-1 to the output of the next amplifier that you wish to match it’s gain to the first amplifier.

9. The LEDs will indicate if the gain is too high or too low compared to the “Master” amplifier.

10. Adjust gain on the amplifier that the CC-1 is now connected to until the Calibrated LED illuminates. The amplifier’s gain is now matched to the Master amplifier’s gain within +/- 0.05dB !! 11. Repeat steps 9 – 11 for any other amplifiers in the system.

I thought the CC-1 was only for crossovers too but it actually can gain match as well. I have the dd-1 to find distortion points and the cc-1 to match gains. From my understanding that will be far more accurate than using a 40$ amazon multi meter to check for ac voltage levels of amp outputs (don't own a fluke... yet). Before that I thought a 2 channel oscope was the way to go so I can compare not only gain but also phase adjustments between two amps. Since I already own a dd-1 the cc-1 is cheaper and will help me set the infrasonic filter to match both amps as well :) I appreciate the help though!

19 minutes ago, Joshdashef said:

Just read through the manual of the cc-1. I think you are right. A lot easier to set and probably more accurate than an oscope at that price point. Thanks!

a little more limited in it's functionality that an oscope but way easier for this task. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

2 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

a little more limited in it's functionality that an oscope but way easier for this task. 

I guess the cc-1 won't let me check for phase adjustment will it? I could always use the trick that barevids did for that. Gain match each amp then flip the output of one amp so - and + are opposite then phase adjust that amp till I get no movement in the subwoofer and flip the output back to normal to bring it perfectly into phase?

Archived