Second Skin Audio

Son of a...

Ipoksmote

I just checked the numbers on that zvx and I thought they were higher. I wouldn’t put that subwoofer on a smart 3. The b stock u18 was the same price and can handle twice the zvx. Why didn’t you go with the u18? Plus that smart 3 is only $40 more than that rp2000.1d. You told me you cheaped out and went with Skar. But after doing the numbers on that, it looks like there was another reason you went with Skar. Why?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

I just checked the numbers on that zvx and I thought they were higher. I wouldn’t put that subwoofer on a smart 3. The b stock u18 was the same price and can handle twice the zvx. Why didn’t you go with the u18? Plus that smart 3 is only $40 more than that rp2000.1d. You told me you cheaped out and went with Skar. But after doing the numbers on that, it looks like there was another reason you went with Skar. Why?

I was afraid to put the smart 3 in the zvx aswell. 

Affordablilty if I get more.

2 yr warrenty

The good customer service, been in contact with them for awhile.

But mainly that return policy

6C6AB5F5-CD6A-492A-93C4-7B7E377EC9A6.gif

I searched the U and alot of people where saying it's a sq sub. And the fact that all their higher end subs are at 1500 rms I wasnt sure if it's what I wanted because i really cant tell the difference between subs.

Also this zvx was brand new, compared to the bstock U. And if I wanted to get more it would be the same price, which I plan in doing.

I felt like if I went with sundown, I would just want to get the X or even better the zv5 and  I wasnt about to spend that much money 

39 minutes ago, Ipoksmote said:

I searched the U and alot of people where saying it's a sq sub. And the fact that all their higher end subs are at 1500 rms I wasnt sure if it's what I wanted because i really cant tell the difference between subs.

Also this zvx was brand new, compared to the bstock U. And if I wanted to get more it would be the same price, which I plan in doing.

I felt like if I went with sundown, I would just want to get the X or even better the zv5 and  I wasnt about to spend that much money 

The U isn’t a sound quality subwoofer. I’ve heard one in person. It’s definitely a SPL subwoofer. B stock isn’t bad and that U can handle twice as much as that zvx no matter the ratings. Sundown rates all their products super conservatively. The X and U are both conservatively rated at 1500 rms but both can handle way more. The X can handle more than the U because it’s a high excursion subwoofer and has a mega roll surround and a bigger magnet. I also think the voice coil is a half an inch bigger and the spider is stiffer. Either one would be good on that taramps smart 3. I would of went with a B stock U series over a zvx any day, even if the zvx wasn’t Skar and was another brand. 

37 minutes ago, Ipoksmote said:

I was afraid to put the smart 3 in the zvx aswell. 

Affordablilty if I get more.

2 yr warrenty

The good customer service, been in contact with them for awhile.

But mainly that return policy

But that warranty is only good for manufacturing defects, not because of abuse, like blowing or frying which happens often with Skar. You don’t need a warranty with Sundown. Trust me. You’re having issues now because you went against recommendations and let the internet and threads get to your head. But you won’t have any issues if you go with the recommendations of the correct subwoofer and amp. Trust me dude. I wanna help you because you seem like a cool dude and I like you. So don’t let these threads curb your decisions that you first had. Because a lot of people that speak on matters and products have never owned nor even been in a demo with that product and never faced the matter and are just going by other threads and gossip and spreading it. If you go with my recommendations I promise you will be happy like a fat kid with cake and ice cream. 

But that warranty is only good for manufacturing defects, not because of abuse, like blowing or frying which happens often with Skar. You don’t need a warranty with Sundown. Trust me. You’re having issues now because you went against recommendations and let the internet and threads get to your head. But you won’t have any issues if you go with the recommendations of the correct subwoofer and amp. Trust me dude. I wanna help you because you seem like a cool dude and I like you. So don’t let these threads curb your decisions that you first had. Because a lot of people that speak on matters and products have never owned nor even been in a demo with that product and never faced the matter and are just going by other threads and gossip and spreading it. If you go with my recommendations I promise you will be happy like a fat kid with cake and ice 

On 4/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, Gunnem said:

smart 3k runs the same power at 1ohm that it does at 2ohm like the high end rockford amps but they are nowhere near the same in quality of parts used.  the smart3k also has a prebuilt function to lower the wattage when there is hard clipping, which is why I hate it.  If i wanna clip my subs to death I dont want an amp telling me no.  Anyways the smart3k is an AWESOME price for what it does.

Rf all day every day.

Got 3 more on the way.

A third t1500 and 2 800-4's!!

800-4 has pretty much identical specs as the current 600-4. But I needed them for collection. Lol

Sorry for the hijack

8 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Rf all day every day.

Got 3 more on the way.

A third t1500 and 2 800-4's!!

800-4 has pretty much identical specs as the current 600-4. But I needed them for collection. Lol

Sorry for the hijack

20200412_180520.jpg

My crown jewel is my RF 1000bdcp. Imho it's the perfect daily amplifier for people running stock systems. So I'm going to give it to my gf :).

Only thing I seriously dislike about them (as far as the 1000bdcp goes) is their terminals.

Absolute trash, at least for my taste.  Yes its sleek and clean looking but if your the type that's constantly changing stuff..they are extremly annoying and also I've noticed the power and ground wires  dont stay very secure. I have 3rd party clamps keeping the wires wedged into the terminals...

However the the sfb lineup from sundown is looking extremly attractive...... gotta say mad props to 1.21 gigawatts hes helping me nonstop with my build 

Oh and here's a funny. I sold a sub the other day and had my 1000bdcp hooked up to demo it.

The dude made a comment about it being very small kind of in a "that's gotta be a shitty amp" type of way. I mean he said it curiously but I just found it pretty funny when I told him it's a $700 amp

Archived