High Output Alternators

33 minutes ago, KickerSlo said:

I reached out to Mechman and they dont have any options for my car in the OEM case configuration.   Haven't tried Brand X yet.  Ill try them tomorrow. 

And the only way to reach brand x is through Facebook. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:05 PM, 1.21gigawatts said:

Mechman, dc, and singer are the best alternator companies and offer the best alternators and options.

Bullshit ...

gallery_5_7_72080.jpg

Stop brand Boasting bro ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

4 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Bullshit ...

gallery_5_7_72080.jpg

Stop brand Boasting bro ...

I just don’t trust brand x because you don’t hear much about them. OP wanted to stay at a constant 15 volts. Does your alternator stay at 15 volts or get up to it at least? And dude that blanked on me said brand x makes external regulators that can bring it up from 14.8. Is this true? 

5 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

I just don’t trust brand x because you don’t hear much about them. OP wanted to stay at a constant 15 volts. Does your alternator stay at 15 volts or get up to it at least? And dude that blanked on me said brand x makes external regulators that can bring it up from 14.8. Is this true? 

It's all about application brother. Will the vehicle in question except 15 volts ?? Some don't.

If you don't hear much or know much doesn't give you right to bash on them.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Just now, White Lightning said:

It's all about application brother. Will the vehicle in question except 15 volts ?? Some don't.

If you don't hear much or know much doesn't give you right to bash on them.

I wasn’t bashing on him nor the product. I just researched it and can’t find one piece of evidence that brand x makes external regulators and that’s what set him off. He threw the first punch. Then I left the matter along and a couple days later (earlier today) he throw shots at me out of nowhere because he doesn’t agree with me. But it really doesn’t matter. I don’t like beefing. I’d rather get a long and be cool with everyone. So, I understand what you’re saying. It was wrong of me and foolish of me to participate in bickering when a wise man would of ignored insult and been about his way and not acknowledged the culprit unless necessary and without foolish bickering. It happens to the best of us. 

14 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Does your alternator stay at 15 volts or get up to it at least?

OverKill's Alternators do what they are rated for, and then some ... I have one on my Avalanche and my Phantom GMT400.

21 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

OverKill's Alternators do what they are rated for, and then some ... I have one on my Avalanche and my Phantom GMT400.

What factors besides a external regular will bring that 14.8 to 15? Is it possible for certain batteries, like lithium, or caps or something to achieve this? Because I know the alternator takes over so the batteries or whatever don’t matter as much anymore, some what. But I’ve seen all these dudes with 15 volt systems and the have regular aftermarket alternator and most of them run lithium. Is it the lithium? Can caps do that? Because the op wants to achieve 15 volts and I wanna know too. 

7 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

What factors besides a external regular will bring that 14.8 to 15? Is it possible for certain batteries, like lithium, or caps or something to achieve this? Because I know the alternator takes over so the batteries or whatever don’t matter as much anymore, some what. But I’ve seen all these dudes with 15 volt systems and the have regular aftermarket alternator and most of them run lithium. Is it the lithium? Can caps do that? Because the op wants to achieve 15 volts and I wanna know too. 

I don't know. I'm a Sound Quality competitor. Not a Bass Head. All my amplifiers require is 14.4 volts to work at maximum potential.

I told my Alternator guy what I needed and he delivered ...

If singer and mechmen wont build one for you then that's because their manufacture wont build the housing for them.

And if the 2 biggest names cant find a manufacturer then I doubt anybody else can.

Sounds like a shatty deal. Youd probably want to ask a machinist to custom make you some type of housing that you could then have some alternator company build the rest of  it for you... but this is all theoretical thinking and might not even be possible

Archived