Sonic Electronix

Two Monoblocks, one pair of RCAs. What do ya'll use?

2 hours ago, kalilac619 said:

Voltage won’t change at all.... it would be the same as if you had your main power wire running to a dual distribution block....it wouldnt be 14volts in with 2 7volt outs 

It's going to change the voltage each amplifier sees no matter how you cut it you got four votes coming in on one pair of RCA's you know split that between two different amplifiers amplifier is it going to get the full voltage they're going to see half because your 4 volts or whatever both of your head unit is is now spread across two amplifiers action was talking to a Rockford text about this yesterday cuz I'm going to run 2 Rockford bass amps.

and I called to ask if there is any difference between using y splitters or using the pass through.

Forrest was who I spoke with and I speak with himquite a bit about audio questions I have even if it's not about Rockford stuff and he's willing to chat with me if he's not busy

yes it won't change the voltage coming out of your deck definitely going to change the voltage that the amplifier is now getting.

if you don't believe me stick your RCA's in your amp like you usually do and just see what the output voltage is on the pass thru at the next amp.

if you check the pass-through on the first amp yes the voltage will be the same as the RCA is coming into it because you're just testing that circuit but when you add the second and see what the voltages on that amplifiers pass-through I bet you it will be half and I'll go back to the first amplifier check the voltage there now amplifier hooked up and bet you it's going to be half

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

It's going to change the voltage each amplifier sees no matter how you cut it you got four votes coming in on one pair of RCA's you know split that between two different amplifiers amplifier is it going to get the full voltage they're going to see half because your 4 volts or whatever both of your head unit is is now spread across two amplifiers action was talking to a Rockford text about this yesterday cuz I'm going to run 2 Rockford bass amps.

and I called to ask if there is any difference between using y splitters or using the pass through.

Forrest was who I spoke with and I speak with himquite a bit about audio questions I have even if it's not about Rockford stuff and he's willing to chat with me if he's not busy

yes it won't change the voltage coming out of your deck definitely going to change the voltage that the amplifier is now getting.

if you don't believe me stick your RCA's in your amp like you usually do and just see what the output voltage is on the pass thru at the next amp.

if you check the pass-through on the first amp yes the voltage will be the same as the RCA is coming into it because you're just testing that circuit but when you add the second and see what the voltages on that amplifiers pass-through I bet you it will be half and I'll go back to the first amplifier check the voltage there now amplifier hooked up and bet you it's going to be half

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

This isn’t my 1st day on the job buddy 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived