Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

On 4/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, mathewyocham said:

You want some good coaxils? Ct sounds has 6.5s that are beast for 75 bucks each set. Tropos i think. Also look at american bass or jbl. Cerwin vega hasnt been relevant for a looooonnnggg time. I love skar amps and subs. But their coaxils dont look strong to me. Their pro audio component stuff looks beefy tho.

Cerwin Vega still has good sound quality though. High sensitivity ratings on them cerwin vega coaxials. But you’re right, they aren’t as popular now as they use to be. They use to be the shit back in the day. And ct sounds and jbl are the shit too. The ct sounds Stratos was probably what you were talking about. Both them companies make good sound quality coaxials as well. Can’t go wrong there. Ct sounds coaxials have a good range of response. JBL club 6.5s are like 75 dollars and 100 rms a piece with a little bit lower sensitivity than the cerwin Vega coaxials. Not much though. 92db’s. Which is good. Jbl coaxials having 2.5 ohm and 3 ohm impedance would put him at about 100 rms per driver with that ampere 75.4. So that would work out great. I just recommended them cerwin Vega coaxials because they have a 94db sensitivity and they have titanium tweeters. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. The reason 3 way and 4 way components don’t have good sound quality is because they have different size tweeters which makes the waves clash, so to say. It’s the same concept as running different size subwoofers. And I wasn’t calling you or anybody else on here a “noob”. I said 3 way and 4 way components are targeted by the companies to noobs. Them guys that run them companies that run pro audio in their own vehicles, don’t have 3 ways or 4 ways. Most likely they don’t even run coaxial drivers. Show me one sound quality build where somebody is running 3 ways or 4 ways or even coaxial drivers in general. But if somebody ever runs a coaxial set up, 2 way is the best way to go. I would rather drivers and tweeters individually with an external crossover. It’s better. And I wasn’t talking junk to you or calling you a noob I was just saying you made a bad recommendation because 3 way coaxials do not have good sound quality.

The problem with 3-ways as opposed to 2-ways is that with a three way you have 2 tweeters blocking sound from the woofer cone. However if you compare a 6.5" two way to a 6x9" three way then that extra woofer cone space on the 6x9 negates that extra tweeter blocking sound. Then you have an extra tweeter, so the three way 6x9 wins. If you were to compare a three-way 6.5" to a two-way 6.5 yes the two-way would be better because of the loss of sound being blocked from the extra tweeter on the three-way.

But yes when comparing apples to apples you are correct. 

On 4/20/2020 at 5:55 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yeah, I forgot about kicker coaxials. They can handle a good amount of rms. They have high rms ratings and can handle it. The cerwin vega speakers have better sound quality. The kicker speaker can handle more rms though but the cerwin Vega speakers would sound way better. Them kicker speakers don’t sound bad though. The sensitivity on the best kicker coaxials are 90 dBs and them cerwin Vega speaker’s sensitivity is 94 dBs (basically without explaining, a higher dB sensitivity yields better sound quality) and they have titanium tweeters for crisper highs too. But coaxial speakers in themselves aren’t the best option for optimal sound so when going the coaxial route, you have to find the best sound quality 2 way coaxials you can find. 

I’ve been running the Tx components and 2 ways , they are not amazing but they are also not total crap. I’ve been pushing them hard for about 3 months now. 

I think Skar works as a good stepping stone when getting into the hobby, but they are cost effective and get the job done. That’s not to say the other recommendations aren’t better. I’m just saying the Skar are not total garbage. 

I am getting ready to upgrade mine but only because I want something a bit louder. 

11 hours ago, Rematog said:

The problem with 3-ways as opposed to 2-ways is that with a three way you have 2 tweeters blocking sound from the woofer cone. However if you compare a 6.5" two way to a 6x9" three way then that extra woofer cone space on the 6x9 negates that extra tweeter blocking sound. Then you have an extra tweeter, so the three way 6x9 wins. If you were to compare a three-way 6.5" to a two-way 6.5 yes the two-way would be better because of the loss of sound being blocked from the extra tweeter on the three-way.

But yes when comparing apples to apples you are correct. 

That makes sense. But the thing is, he wants 6.5’s and he can go from 6x9’s to 6.5’s, but he can’t go from 6.5’s to 6x9’s, unless he does some cutting. Most people that have 6x9’s in there vehicle all the way around swap them for 6.5’s with adapters because they sound better. That’s what I did for my massive 5x7’s that we’re in the front and back. I put adapters and 6.5 Memphis components in the front and 6.5 drivers in the back and it’s way better now. And when people have cars with just 6x9’s in the back, they just take them out and just use the front speakers (6.5’s) and the subwoofers in the trunk. Dude you should get some adapters and run bad ass 6.5 components in the front and matching 6.5 drivers in the back and you will see what I’m talking about. The massive 5x7’s I ran were 3 way coaxials too. I’ve ran plenty of different coaxials. And your right, 6x9 3 ways sound better than smaller 3 ways. But he needs 6.5’s. On another note, dude, with a system like you got, you would fall in love with a component and driver set up. Adapters in the front and back and components in the front and back. If the components have big super tweeters the only get one set of components for the front and just regular midrange drivers with no tweeters for the back. If they are components with regular tweeters then get components in the front and back. Super tweeters are awesome. Trust me. You will like it better with components. 

10 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That makes sense. But the thing is, he wants 6.5’s and he can go from 6x9’s to 6.5’s, but he can’t go from 6.5’s to 6x9’s, unless he does some cutting. Most people that have 6x9’s in there vehicle all the way around swap them for 6.5’s with adapters because they sound better. That’s what I did for my massive 5x7’s that we’re in the front and back. I put adapters and 6.5 Memphis components in the front and 6.5 drivers in the back and it’s way better now. And when people have cars with just 6x9’s in the back, they just take them out and just use the front speakers (6.5’s) and the subwoofers in the trunk. Dude you should get some adapters and run bad ass 6.5 components in the front and matching 6.5 drivers in the back and you will see what I’m talking about. The massive 5x7’s I ran were 3 way coaxials too. I’ve ran plenty of different coaxials. And your right, 6x9 3 ways sound better than smaller 3 ways. But he needs 6.5’s. On another note, dude, with a system like you got, you would fall in love with a component and driver set up. Adapters in the front and back and components in the front and back. If the components have big super tweeters the only get one set of components for the front and just regular midrange drivers with no tweeters for the back. If they are components with regular tweeters then get components in the front and back. Super tweeters are awesome. Trust me. You will like it better with components. 

Yeah I am planning on components on my next upgrade which is coming up in a few months. I'm going with 2 Skar DNR's (5000 watt rms each) and two sundown 5000 watt amps. Im gonna just keep the Skar RP1000.4 and drop it down to 2 ohms and run double speakers on each channel. Its a dodge magnum and I keep the back seat. I'm gonna take your advice and do double 6.5 components in the front doors. But I have a spot for 6x9' in the hatch area. Right about head level of the back seat on the right and left. You suggest I should just run two powerful midrange 6.5 drivers there in the back in place of those 6x9's?

8 hours ago, Rematog said:

Yeah I am planning on components on my next upgrade which is coming up in a few months. I'm going with 2 Skar DNR's (5000 watt rms each) and two sundown 5000 watt amps. Im gonna just keep the Skar RP1000.4 and drop it down to 2 ohms and run double speakers on each channel. Its a dodge magnum and I keep the back seat. I'm gonna take your advice and do double 6.5 components in the front doors. But I have a spot for 6x9' in the hatch area. Right about head level of the back seat on the right and left. You suggest I should just run two powerful midrange 6.5 drivers there in the back in place of those 6x9's?

I would run 8 6.5s and 4 super tweeters at 2 ohms per channel. 2 set of components and 4 separate midrange drivers. That’s what I plan on doing if I double up. Have you ever sat in a 155-165db whip? It’s not something I would drive every day. That’s why I’m thinking of just staying where I’m at on my build unless I get another vehicle. Just get 1 dnr on a skv2 4500. The skv2 amps made by Skar are straight for real. They use Korean boards on the skv2 amps. And run 6.5 components in the front (that come with super tweeter, not regular) and 6.5 midrange in the back. The Memphis mojo pro components come with super tweeters and they are amazing. And the Memphis mojo pro midrange drivers are amazing. 95db sensitivity and 125 rms a piece. Trust me, that would be loud enough. Sundown has a real good amp line that I wanna try too. The salt line. A salt 4K would be nice. And the sundown zv5 cost less than the dnr and can handle the same rms if not more. I’ve never heard a dnr in person but zv5’s are crazy. A lot of people run them because they are really good. Like a lot of people. I do too. 

17 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I would run 8 6.5s and 4 super tweeters at 2 ohms per channel. 2 set of components and 4 separate midrange drivers. That’s what I plan on doing if I double up. Have you ever sat in a 155-165db whip? It’s not something I would drive every day. That’s why I’m thinking of just staying where I’m at on my build unless I get another vehicle. Just get 1 dnr on a skv2 4500. The skv2 amps made by Skar are straight for real. They use Korean boards on the skv2 amps. And run 6.5 components in the front (that come with super tweeter, not regular) and 6.5 midrange in the back. The Memphis mojo pro components come with super tweeters and they are amazing. And the Memphis mojo pro midrange drivers are amazing. 95db sensitivity and 125 rms a piece. Trust me, that would be loud enough. Sundown has a real good amp line that I wanna try too. The salt line. A salt 4K would be nice. And the sundown zv5 cost less than the dnr and can handle the same rms if not more. I’ve never heard a dnr in person but zv5’s are crazy. A lot of people run them because they are really good. Like a lot of people. I do too. 

I already bought an skv2 4500 a few months ago for my next build. I also bought a zvxv2 15, I was gonna run two zvxv2 on that skv2 4500. But I decided to get rid of the zvxv2 and go big and buy two DNR's and another skv2 4500. I already have all the electrical setup if I just want to run one DNR and the skv2 4500 that I already have except I would have to buy a battery which I was already planning anyways. How loud would a single DNR be on a skv2 4500 and excellent electrical? 

1point21gigawatts this fucker is starting to piss me , his pussy is all sore from Skar and he wants to let everyone know it , we Fucking get it U don’t like Skar calm your tits , Skar puts out good  quality products they are the best budget products on this site if you don’t have anything good to say shut the Fuck UP . Buy Skar been running it for years and never let me down.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

3 hours ago, Ron36 said:

1point21gigawatts this fucker is starting to piss me , his pussy is all sore from Skar and he wants to let everyone know it , we Fucking get it U don’t like Skar calm your tits , Skar puts out good  quality products they are the best budget products on this site if you don’t have anything good to say shut the Fuck UP . Buy Skar been running it for years and never let me down.

Dude, I was just recommending Skar to him. I said my beef with Skar is over. You must not be able to read that well.

Archived