Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

15 minutes ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Unless your running about a 3500-5000 rms subwoofer set up or more, you don’t need more than 75rmsx4

Getting ready to grab a sundown u 18 and run it at 1 ohm on my soundqubed s1-2250. Hoping to be able to grab another u series and s1 before slamology this year.

If you’re running good gear like that then why would you even think of getting Skar? For the set up you have now the amp and speakers I posted are perfect and more than enough and when you double up on your subwoofer set up, just buy 4 more of the same speakers and custom fit them and run at 2ohms a channel feeding 110rms to each channel. That’s what I’m gonna do when I double up on my subwoofer set up. What I picked is perfect for the set up you have now and your future set up. But to be honest with you, you should kick out a little more money and run components and midrange drivers. The coaxials I picked for you are some good sound quality coaxials though. With coaxial drivers you always wanna stick to 2-way units because 3 and 4 way units have different size tweeters which mess up sound quality. It’s always good to have the same size subwoofers, same size speakers and same size tweeters so there isn’t any conflict in waves. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

13 hours ago, Superchargeme said:

Getting ready to grab a sundown u 18 and run it at 1 ohm on my soundqubed s1-2250. Hoping to be able to grab another u series and s1 before slamology this year.

Yeah buddy, you getting it from their yard sale? $259 for a u18 I'm picking up one or two myself

16 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

If you’re running good gear like that then why would you even think of getting Skar? For the set up you have now the amp and speakers I posted are perfect and more than enough and when you double up on your subwoofer set up, just buy 4 more of the same speakers and custom fit them and run at 2ohms a channel feeding 110rms to each channel. That’s what I’m gonna do when I double up on my subwoofer set up. What I picked is perfect for the set up you have now and your future set up. But to be honest with you, you should kick out a little more money and run components and midrange drivers. The coaxials I picked for you are some good sound quality coaxials though. With coaxial drivers you always wanna stick to 2-way units because 3 and 4 way units have different size tweeters which mess up sound quality. It’s always good to have the same size subwoofers, same size speakers and same size tweeters so there isn’t any conflict in waves. 

Honestly price. Figured they would be comparable to your mainstream brands such as alpine, kicker, polk, etc. as far as sound quality goes... and if they were of ok build quality, at 50 a set right now, wouldn't mind having to replace a set in a year or two. Really thinking I want to dip my toes into the world of big audio builds, but I'm not sure, so wanting to try it out on a tight budget for now, so that I'm not out much in the long run either way. Just tells me if I want to stick with it or not.

2 hours ago, Ipoksmote said:

Yeah buddy, you getting it from their yard sale? $259 for a u18 I'm picking up one or two myself

Actually hadn't looked on there for a while. But now that you mention it I am tempted to try one of them out lol. Had actually planned on buying them new. Saw somewhere that was selling reconed/refurbs? Not too long ago that interested me as well, but hadn't really looked into it.

5 hours ago, Superchargeme said:

Honestly price. Figured they would be comparable to your mainstream brands such as alpine, kicker, polk, etc. as far as sound quality goes... and if they were of ok build quality, at 50 a set right now, wouldn't mind having to replace a set in a year or two. Really thinking I want to dip my toes into the world of big audio builds, but I'm not sure, so wanting to try it out on a tight budget for now, so that I'm not out much in the long run either way. Just tells me if I want to stick with it or not.

Just go the route I sent you and you’ll be more than happy. Don’t ever go the Skar route though. Ipoksmote ordered a Skar zvx 18” subwoofer and on the second day the seams came unglued and I order a Skar ddx 15” subwoofer a while back and blew it in less than 3 hours of play time. Their speakers are poorly made too. The only somewhat good product they offer is the skv2 amps because the boards on them are made in Korea. And even them amps I don’t trust too much (just like I don’t trust the company) and they don’t make sense to me, the skv2 100.4 is fused with 3 30 amp fuses but the 200.4 is fused with 2 40 amp fuses. Don’t you think that should be the other way around? I researched Skar before I went that route and read good and bad reviews that made me give them a chance and then after I did business with them, them and their product failed me. I’m not even going to get into what way they treated me on a whole different ordeal not having anything to do with that subwoofer I bought (they don’t even know I blew it lol). So don’t make that mistake. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

14 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Just go the route I sent you and you’ll be more than happy. Don’t ever go the Skar route though. Ipoksmote ordered a Skar zvx 18” subwoofer and on the second day the seams came unglued and I order a Skar ddx 15” subwoofer a while back and blew it in less than 3 hours of play time. Their speakers are poorly made too. The only somewhat good product they offer is the skv2 amps because the boards on them are made in Korea. And even them amps I don’t trust too much (just like I don’t trust the company) and they don’t make sense to me, the skv2 100.4 is fused with 3 30 amp fuses but the 200.4 is fused with 2 40 amp fuses. Don’t you think that should be the other way around? I researched Skar before I went that route and read good and bad reviews that made me give them a chance and then after I did business with them, them and their product failed me. I’m not even going to get into what way they treated me on a whole different ordeal not having anything to do with that subwoofer I bought (they don’t even know I blew it lol). So don’t make that mistake. 

Fair enough, and thank you for the recommendations and insight. I had heard mixed reviews, with more things being neutral than anything(business practices aside), on their products as well, which is why I was considering them. Besides what you already recommended, is there anything else you might suggest looking into for a low buck setup, even if it is a little more than that $100 a set for speakers?

Im running a Skar RP 1000.4AB at 4 ohms so 150 rms each speaker. I'm using Kicker 6X9's,  43CSC6934 CSC693. These are really loud and can almost handle the amp at max. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do myself when I upgrade soon. I'm going to use your idea and run a set of these per channel. These are amazing coaxial speakers. They are 150 watts rms each.

Archived