Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

On 4/18/2020 at 11:39 PM, 1.21gigawatts said:

If you’re running good gear like that then why would you even think of getting Skar? For the set up you have now the amp and speakers I posted are perfect and more than enough and when you double up on your subwoofer set up, just buy 4 more of the same speakers and custom fit them and run at 2ohms a channel feeding 110rms to each channel. That’s what I’m gonna do when I double up on my subwoofer set up. What I picked is perfect for the set up you have now and your future set up. But to be honest with you, you should kick out a little more money and run components and midrange drivers. The coaxials I picked for you are some good sound quality coaxials though. With coaxial drivers you always wanna stick to 2-way units because 3 and 4 way units have different size tweeters which mess up sound quality. It’s always good to have the same size subwoofers, same size speakers and same size tweeters so there isn’t 

On 4/19/2020 at 4:16 PM, Superchargeme said:

Honestly price. Figured they would be comparable to your mainstream brands such as alpine, kicker, polk, etc. as far as sound quality goes... and if they were of ok build quality, at 50 a set right now, wouldn't mind having to replace a set in a year or two. Really thinking I want to dip my toes into the world of big audio builds, but I'm not sure, so wanting to try it out on a tight budget for now, so that I'm not out much in the long run either way. Just tells me if I want to stick with it or not.

Dude Skar is really good for the money so far for the products i have bought from them.. i haven't ran any tweets or speakers,, only subs and amps so i can't speak from experience on those directly. However i do have two of their amps and two subs and I have had them for almost two years. They all do overrated and believe me I run them hard on very good electrical and I haven't had any issues with their products. 

One thing I will say tho is as 1.21 gigawatts pointed out, dont push the mids and tweets over rated. The Skar amp I have does over rated power so that is why my Kicker 6X9's can't keep up but they are loud as he'll and sound great at max output. I'm prob gonna do what 1.21 gigawatta suggested and drop them down to 2 ohms and double them up. I'm looking into his suggestion on the cerwin Vegas, but I really like these kickers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rematog said:

Im running a Skar RP 1000.4AB at 4 ohms so 150 rms each speaker. I'm using Kicker 6X9's,  43CSC6934 CSC693. These are really loud and can almost handle the amp at max. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do myself when I upgrade soon. I'm going to use your idea and run a set of these per channel. These are amazing coaxial speakers. They are 150 watts rms each.

Yeah, I forgot about kicker coaxials. They can handle a good amount of rms. They have high rms ratings and can handle it. The cerwin vega speakers have better sound quality. The kicker speaker can handle more rms though but the cerwin Vega speakers would sound way better. Them kicker speakers don’t sound bad though. The sensitivity on the best kicker coaxials are 90 dBs and them cerwin Vega speaker’s sensitivity is 94 dBs (basically without explaining, a higher dB sensitivity yields better sound quality) and they have titanium tweeters for crisper highs too. But coaxial speakers in themselves aren’t the best option for optimal sound so when going the coaxial route, you have to find the best sound quality 2 way coaxials you can find. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 minutes ago, Rematog said:

Dude Skar is really good for the money so far for the products i have bought from them.. i haven't ran any tweets or speakers,, only subs and amps so i can't speak from experience on those directly. However i do have two of their amps and two subs and I have had them for almost two years. They all do overrated and believe me I run them hard on very good electrical and I haven't had any issues with their products. 

One thing I will say tho is as 1.21 gigawatts pointed out, dont push the mids and tweets over rated. The Skar amp I have does over rated power so that is why my Kicker 6X9's can't keep up but they are loud as he'll and sound great at max output. I'm prob gonna do what 1.21 gigawatta suggested and drop them down to 2 ohms and double them up. I'm looking into his suggestion on the cerwin Vegas, but I really like these kickers.

Go with the cerwin Vega speakers for sure dude. For real!

50 minutes ago, Rematog said:

No offense dude, but that’s a bad recommendation. Not only are they too big for his application and he would have to cut into metal to make the mounting hole bigger, but they are 3 way coaxials which are crappy. Poor sound quality. Companies target noobs with 3 way and 4 way coaxials because they don’t know any better. The only worth while coaxial is a 2 way coaxial.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:29 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

No offense dude, but that’s a bad recommendation. Not only are they too big for his application and he would have to cut into metal to make the mounting hole bigger, but they are 3 way coaxials which are crappy. Poor sound quality. Companies target noobs with 3 way and 4 way coaxials because they don’t know any better. The only worth while coaxial is a 2 way coaxial.

Thats your opinion. I have a 250 amp aftermarket alternator, running a 4/0 and a 1/0 (factory) to the back system, a RP 2000.1D, on two EVL 15's tuned at 32hz a RP1000.4AB at 4 ohms on 4 of the Kicker 3 way 6X9's I mentioned, all new ofc aftermarket 10 gauge going to the doors, everything KnuKoncept ofc and over sized. I ran a temp guage from the sub amp to the custom molded dash along with a volt meter and a fan knob. Custom fitted and installed an 8 amp 6" radiator fan and custom made an amp rack. I'm far from a noob. There is nothing wrong with 3 ways. If he wants to cut or add something to make a speaker fit then that's his choice. Bass heads do that shit all day long.

20191025_083110.jpg

20191025_083121.jpg

20191025_083129.jpg

20191025_084710.jpg

You want some good coaxils? Ct sounds has 6.5s that are beast for 75 bucks each set. Tropos i think. Also look at american bass or jbl. Cerwin vega hasnt been relevant for a looooonnnggg time. I love skar amps and subs. But their coaxils dont look strong to me. Their pro audio component stuff looks beefy tho.

15 hours ago, Rematog said:

Thats your opinion. I have a 250 amp aftermarket alternator, running a 4/0 and a 1/0 (factory) to the back system, a RP 2000.1D, on two EVL 15's tuned at 32hz a RP1000.4AB at 4 ohms on 4 of the Kicker 3 way 6X9's I mentioned, all new ofc aftermarket 10 gauge going to the doors, everything KnuKoncept ofc and over sized. I ran a temp guage from the sub amp to the custom molded dash along with a volt meter and a fan knob. Custom fitted and installed an 8 amp 6" radiator fan and custom made an amp rack. I'm far from a noob. There is nothing wrong with 3 ways. If he wants to cut or add something to make a speaker fit then that's his choice. Bass heads do that shit all day long.

20191025_083110.jpg

20191025_083121.jpg

20191025_083129.jpg

20191025_084710.jpg

It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact. The reason 3 way and 4 way components don’t have good sound quality is because they have different size tweeters which makes the waves clash, so to say. It’s the same concept as running different size subwoofers. And I wasn’t calling you or anybody else on here a “noob”. I said 3 way and 4 way components are targeted by the companies to noobs. Them guys that run them companies that run pro audio in their own vehicles, don’t have 3 ways or 4 ways. Most likely they don’t even run coaxial drivers. Show me one sound quality build where somebody is running 3 ways or 4 ways or even coaxial drivers in general. But if somebody ever runs a coaxial set up, 2 way is the best way to go. I would rather drivers and tweeters individually with an external crossover. It’s better. And I wasn’t talking junk to you or calling you a noob I was just saying you made a bad recommendation because 3 way coaxials do not have good sound quality.

Archived