Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

4 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

It’s all good this site is here to help that’s all I try to do now ,  I’m to old to be beefing .  No hard feelings your positive advice is really good and I know you know what your talking about.

Thank you dude. I respect that a lot! I feel the same way too. No hard feelings this way as well.  

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That would sound amazing. A skv2 4500 is something serious. You won’t be disappointed and you will then realize that all you need is 1 skv2 4500 and 1 dnr or zv5. 

Sundown says the ZV5 has an RMS power rating of only 2000 watts. Could it really handle a SKV2 4500 which actually pushes 5000 watts RMS? If so would it just last a few months as opposed to the DNR which is rated for 5000 RMS and can theoretically las indefinitely with good electrical and no clipping? 

46 minutes ago, Rematog said:

Sundown says the ZV5 has an RMS power rating of only 2000 watts. Could it really handle a SKV2 4500 which actually pushes 5000 watts RMS? If so would it just last a few months as opposed to the DNR which is rated for 5000 RMS and can theoretically las indefinitely with good electrical and no clipping? 

My zv5 is getting fed 5000 rms before rise. Sundown rates their stuff way below what it really does. It’s a good sales trick in the audio world and they figured it out. Because once somebody is like that amp puts out almost double rated and that subwoofer handles more than double rated then that makes people’s mouths water and their wallets open. Both are good subwoofers, but I would pick the zv5 over the dnr. Either one you would be happy with and either one can be put on a skv2 4500 with slim to none clipping and last for the long run. 

So I'm actually thinking about going with some morel maximo's due to hearing a lot of great things about them. Plus their tweeter pod would make mounting them much more hassle free. Anyone have some experience with them on here? I was thinking that if I did two sets of components and two sets of coaxials, i could stick one tweeter in the stock door location(98 suburban) and one on the a pillar. The two coaxials would be in the lower front of the doors, and the components would be in the kick panels and a custom box that is sitting on my transmission tunnel between the console and heater box.

2 minutes ago, Superchargeme said:

So I'm actually thinking about going with some morel maximo's due to hearing a lot of great things about them. Plus their tweeter pod would make mounting them much more hassle free. Anyone have some experience with them on here? I was thinking that if I did two sets of components and two sets of coaxials, i could stick one tweeter in the stock door location(98 suburban) and one on the a pillar. The two coaxials would be in the lower front of the doors, and the components would be in the kick panels and a custom box that is sitting on my transmission tunnel between the console and heater box.

Instead of getting the coaxials just get regular midrange drivers. Them coaxials are gonna make that other awesome component sound be muffled with mediocre sound. 

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Instead of getting the coaxials just get regular midrange drivers. Them coaxials are gonna make that other awesome component sound be muffled with mediocre sound. 

How would the coaxials muffle the sound? I mean I know the crossover components have to be slightly different due to packaging(don't know how much effect that would have), and you lose a little of the cone area on the coax, but the tweeters, cone material, basket, and motor are all the same otherwise to my knowledge on the maximos. Or do you just mean the imaging would be messed up to the various tweeter locations?

5 minutes ago, Superchargeme said:

How would the coaxials muffle the sound? I mean I know the crossover components have to be slightly different due to packaging(don't know how much effect that would have), and you lose a little of the cone area on the coax, but the tweeters, cone material, basket, and motor are all the same otherwise to my knowledge on the maximos.

When you have 2 different drivers both playing from the same radio and one driver is a good sound quality driver and the other is a cheap driver. The drivers will deliver the same music but in a different way. The good speaker will sound good and the bad speaker will sound bad. The bad sound will be present with the good sound, thus making the good sound not seem as good and summing up the complete sound mixture as bad. Kinda like one bad apple spoils the rest. Understand?

Plus it’s best to keep all the tweeters in the application the same size. Same with keep the midrange drivers the same size and keeping the subwoofers the same size. Don’t get me wrong, you can mix sizes up and use coaxials too and it will seem ok. But once you hear a correctly tuned and proportioned set up you will no longer like your mixed up set up and you will say to yourself, man my mids and highs need work. Trust me. I did the same thing. I thought all these coaxials and mixed match sizing on product proportions were the shit until I started hearing the real shit. So I understand dude. For real. Now I will only use separate same size drivers, same size tweeters and external crossovers. 

Archived