Skar audio TX?

Superchargeme

10 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

When you have 2 different drivers both playing from the same radio and one driver is a good sound quality driver and the other is a cheap driver. The drivers will deliver the same music but in a different way. The good speaker will sound good and the bad speaker will sound bad. The bad sound will be present with the good sound, thus making the good sound not seem as good and summing up the complete sound mixture as bad. Kinda like one bad apple spoils the rest. Understand?

I get that, but if they are all the same brand and model line, just coax vs component, how different would it really be? Not trying to contest it, just trying to learn.

Meaning the coaxials and components will clash. You want the same crossover point. If you can’t get the same crossover point when it comes to speaker vs tweeter to match your components crossover point then just eliminate that by running regular midrange driver that have no tweeters. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Like them coaxial don’t have crossovers so it’s like the frequencies are rolling over instead of crossing over. So the crossover points will not be precise because one stage will be rolling over.  

the coaxials have built-in passive crossovers tho.

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

No. They have small capacitors in them aka bass blockers. 

Explain the difference, because I am of the understanding that, that is what a passive crossover is. Even a separate crossover (for components) would be the same as the internal crossovers that are used in coaxials. 

The only other crossover option would be an active crossover which would be to actively alter the filtering of the sound BEFORE the amp. 

I'm still learning, explain it to me if you have the time.

13 minutes ago, Rematog said:

Explain the difference, because I am of the understanding that, that is what a passive crossover is. Even a separate crossover (for components) would be the same as the internal crossovers that are used in coaxials. 

The only other crossover option would be an active crossover which would be to actively alter the filtering of the sound BEFORE the amp. 

I'm still learning, explain it to me if you have the time.

A crossover splits the frequencies at whatever frequency you set it at if you’re using active or whatever frequency is preset for it if it’s passive. A bass blocker can’t be used like a crossover but can do the same thing as a crossover in a single tweeter application it is ideal to block any unwanted low frequencies that could harm your tweeter. But when a bass blocker in a coaxial is just going to block the lower frequencies from passing through the tweeter but not the higher frequencies passing through your midrange woofer/driver. Making on some notes the woofer and tweeter are both playing the same high frequency at points. So there’s no crossing over, it’s just rolling over. Not optimal sound quality. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived