Protecting new ground

48 minutes ago, sierra mist said:

Great, I'll pick some up tonight! 

Don’t do that dude. Just buy a can of clear coat spray paint. Thats what most people do for grounds outside of the vehicle. It looks better and clear coat is a protection coat for paint so it’s better than paint when it comes to protection. Think about it, once the clear coat on a car goes away then the paint starts to fade and once it fades too much, it rusts. Painting the ground connection is just a temporary protective, but 2 or 3 coats of clear coat will protect for the long run. It will be way thicker than a factory paint job clear coating, so it will last longer than the clear coat on your vehicle. And when using under coating and bed liner spray it weakens the ground. Not much, but it does. Go with 2 or 3 coats of clear coat. Trusto Rusto. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

Don’t do that dude. Just buy a can of clear coat spray paint. Thats what most people do for grounds outside of the vehicle. It looks better and clear coat is a protection coat for paint so it’s better than paint when it comes to protection. Think about it, once the clear coat on a car goes away then the paint starts to fade and once it fades too much, it rusts. Painting the ground connection is just a temporary protective, but 2 or 3 coats of clear coat will protect for the long run. It will be way thicker than a factory paint job clear coating, so it will last longer than the clear coat on your vehicle. And when using under coating and bed liner spray it weakens the ground. Not much, but it does. Go with 2 or 3 coats of clear coat. Trusto Rusto. 

I've only seen the under carriage stuff so I wouldn't have thought of clear coat. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Will this work? 

clear-rust-oleum-stops-rust-general-purpose-spray-paint-7701830-64_1000.jpg

21 hours ago, 1.21gigawatts said:

And when using under coating and bed liner spray it weakens the ground. Not much, but it does. 

Show me. You're not disrupting the contacting surface. It covers the area the same as clear coat, just with a different material. Show me how it weakens the ground

1 hour ago, Gunnem said:

the correct answer is dielectric grease

I've used paint to protect my exterior grounds for years, never had an issue. I have virtually 0 resistance from my amp negative input, using only that grounding point, to my battery negative post.

In the end, I'm sure, as long as you're protected against the elements and rust in some fashion,  you will be fine. 

Archived