RCA Bass knob boosts the pre out of the headunit?

Hi, I wanted to install a rca bass knob to my subwoofer system, which will consist of a 5kWRMS amplifier (lowered through gain to 3.5kWRMS) and a 3.5kWRMS sub. I would like to know specifically if the rca bass knob boosts the preout voltage of the headunit, because in my case it would increase the power of the amplifier too much (lowered previously to make it work in accordance with the sub) and therefore cause problems of overpower on the sub. thx to all

No, the RCA knob has no other external power source with which to boost anything. It simply interrupts the signal and attenuates it.

Just connect the knob, turn it to max, and then set your gains accordingly. From there you can use the knob to adjust your sub output on the fly

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, max13b2 said:

No, the RCA knob has no other external power source with which to boost anything. It simply interrupts the signal and attenuates it.

Just connect the knob, turn it to max, and then set your gains accordingly. From there you can use the knob to adjust your sub output on the fly

So one could set bass level to max on unit with inline knob to max, set gains and lower via knob instead of unit? That's what i'm gathering and I may try it....if I get some confirmation that is.

2 hours ago, Derp said:

So one could set bass level to max on unit with inline knob to max, set gains and lower via knob instead of unit? That's what i'm gathering and I may try it....if I get some confirmation that is.

Yes that is literally the sole intended purpose of the bass knob. This is exactly how they are designed to be used.

Archived