You guys think there’s room for another internet car audio shop?

6 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

There’s a tuff median In Audio ,now that I’m older I really don’t look at price anymore I buy the stuff I know will make me happy and take abuse but 90% of these guys are young and just wanna be loud till it blows. Great topic I think a lot of guys on this site would love to make a living doing this but it’s just not fees able.

I 100% agree. It can be done, but it's hard! I'm the same, price isn't a huge deal, I want quality products. But

25 minutes ago, mathewyocham said:

Alot of it is building a brand. Showing people your stuff is better than the competition or at least on par and cheaper. Wether thats thru fb, youtube, going to shows with your product or building your own demo beast to parade around or any or all of these. You wont sell much until your name is out there and that takes alot of time and money. Most the big dogs started off small but it takes years to grow to where they r now.

Also just my opinion but i love lil caesars pizza.

I've seen with my own eyes, a kid comes into this stereo shop I used to mess with with a pioneer sub and a Sony explode sub in the same, crappy box with a ton of air leaks in it saying (to the store manager, not me)  "can you install a dsp? They don't slap in my car like they did in my homies car." Dude offered him a good deal on 2 jl audio w3's and a box, but he said nah, it was too expensive.... just a story lol. And everybody needs to know your name so yeah, marketing, social media, YouTube videos. Constantly making moves. I see it a lot on the internet, figure out a way to sell pride audio in the states lol. And I like little Caesars too. Their crazy bread is the shit! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Pride is a different beast. They established themselves in their home country first and used that hype plus giving away top tier products to people like steve who would show them off to expand. Id love some pride woofers but too expensive for my blood. Thats y im a skar fan. Lo. Great products for a good price. When i was young spending more than 100 bucks on anything other than bills was a no go. So i bought used.

I tell everyone on a budget to buy Skar they have great products and very affordable, that’s what I run in my wife’s car and my beater car. As far as Pride the fucking Russians can build the shit out of a sub and amp. Those things are insane. When Steve was standing on the sub while it was still playing and they just took it.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I can tell you theres a big open market that's very short on supply of........

Enclosures.

Theres really no affordable and reputable custom enclosure shops, online or offline. 

Yeah theres prefab sites like ground shaker and atrend, and maybe 1 or 2 places that make custom boxes. But they are overpriced, and also seem to be the "underside" of most websites, meaning it's not a priority for them.

Honestly custom enclosures on ebay is the only massive all-over-the-internet enclosure builder.

And his profile is sketchy on ebay, it doesnt load and says its non existent. I've tried contacting him several times through multiple areas and hes a straight ghost.

I would say theres a pretty open market to capitalize in in the whole custom enclusre building. 

Infact what I think would really be huge...is loaded enclosures.

Yeah shipping would be a B, maybe ship them separate. But.....skar audio was EXTREMLY attractive to me because it has loaded enclosures. And that's really the only legit company that does that and I've always thought it was a very good idea.

You would crush it if you could take mainstream subs, pair them with  a custom enclosure, and find a way to ship it to people.

There’s a couple guys on here that will build or just cut everything to spec that you want and send you the pieces and you build it or send you the box completed, I think that’s badass , audiofanaticz on this site does it , seen him post pics before really clean work.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

hobby aside, what's your future retirement looking like?  if you came into this money for free, it might be smart to invest in a roth IRA and set your self up for the future.  you wont notice it being gone as you didnt have it before but now its guaranteed that your money is working for you and growing  and still yours instead of disappearing

i hate thinking like an adult sometimes 😕

Archived