4th gen ram System amp or hu

Djuneek

My truck has 4 doors with 6x9s and 3 1/2 in the dash.

I have An alpine ilx207 And mbquart onyx 60x4 amp to the 6x9s. I have put fake dynamite on the inner outer and middle Door parts, They are all crewin Vega h series speakers 6x9 60 watts rms and 3 1/2 30 rms do you think I Should hook the 3 1/2 to the front channel amp or to the alpine 

4 hours ago, Djuneek said:

I have An alpine ilx207 And mbquart onyx 60x4 amp to the 6x9s. I have put fake dynamite on the inner outer and middle Door parts, They are all crewin Vega h series speakers 6x9 60 watts rms and 3 1/2 30 rms do you think I Should hook the 3 1/2 to the front channel amp or to the alpine 

Honestly your amp is underpowering the 6x9s. A 60x4 means it's 60 watts Max per channel IF it's at 100 percent efficiency. This figure is not possible to reach. 2. If you run the 3.5s direct to the unit you should be fine. Most units outup around the 50 watt range, but again efficiency is a variable. However you should protect them with a set of bass blockers.

9 hours ago, Djuneek said:

Hook the 3 1/2 to the deck.  Use the deck to set the speakers. Your amp is big enough for the 6x9's.

• 3 weeks later...

The amp is supposed to be 60x4 rms 4ohm 120x4 rms 2 ohms. I don’t know what it really is but it has 2 25amp fuses. The alpine is 16 rms.

It didn’t sound good Hooked up to the deck and can’t handle the amp like the 6x9s so I will try the bass blockers someone also suggested 4 ohm resistors as from the factory the front 6x9 are 4 ohm parallel to the 3.5 8 ohm

Archived