DIY lithium help

Hello, so I am looking into building a diy lithium battery. The batteries I was considering using would be these, https://batteryhookup.com/collections/green-friday-weekend-deals/products/80-bak-2600mah-18650-with-5a-pcb . I was considering running them in either 4s 40, 60, or 80p. With the PCB these have on them, I would not need to run a BMS/balancer correct? How do you think these would work in a car audio build? Please correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that if I went 40p I would have 208 amps discharge, 104 amp charge, and 104 ah. 60 would be 306, 156, 156. 80 would be 416, 208, and 208. How do you think these would work on a daily setup that charges at probably 14.8 with a couple flooded lead acid up front, and probably one xs d3400 in the back as well? Will be running probably 23-2500 rms on one sub, hoping to have 2 eventually, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 11-1200 rms mids/highs that may get up close to 1500 when I get the second sub. Alts right now are 180 at idle, 290 max, and will at least go up to 270 idle, 435 max if not more.

Imho, it would be a pain in the ass to use li-ion chemistry for a daily car audio setup. 

Lithium titanate (13.75v max) or lithium iron phosphate (14.6v max) is a much better choice due to being able to take the charge/discharge current and voltage of a lead acid charging system. 

If you do go with that 18650 pack, it would still need a bms to charge and balance.

37 minutes ago, Superchargeme said:

So if I used LiFePO4 batteries, how bad would it be if they saw 14.8v(3.7 per cell) instead of just the 14.6v(3.65 per cell)? Doubt they would with losses, but that's the highest I've seen my system put out up front.

I have a habit of saying 14.6v because i don't like to go beyond 3.65 per cell, the reality is 3.7v (14.8) is the nominal charge voltage of LFP which is perfectly fine.

Charging at 14.6 might gain you 100 more charge cycles, which isn't that significant when it's already at 2000+, with li-ion it would have been a completely different story.

Archived