CNC machine for the little guy!!! Looking for info

Hey guys, new here but not to the world of audio.

However my topic is tool related and did not know where else to post on the forum.

I am simply looking for info on a CNC machine for my shop.

I am not in business of any sort that requires a CNC, therefore I cannot justify a major investment as the ROI at this point is purely convenience and fun! I cannot spend 10K on a machine, I hoped to find something 2K or far less? I would like to grow into a bigger machine in time, but that means I need to gauge what the market will handle and see whats needed out there, so for now its a hobbyist machine.

I would like to be able to do wood, metal, polymers and plastics.... Engrave cut etc. (I think). It would be great if it would handle a 4x8 sheet, but that may put me beyond my price point. I'm just trying to see what is out there and what options I have....

I do not have any real experience with these machines regarding abilities and function, only that I ran one a handful of times under the close watch of the owner and that was to make JEEP parts (gussets, light mounts, etc.)

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Good luck... Even at 10k for a used your options are very limited, also doing metal is something thats not going to happen. Maybe very very thing aluminum at best.

2k price range wont even put you in the Chinese market for a 2foot by 4foot machine that you have to assemble yourself really. 

For those interested I actually went a little smaller to start. However it will still do custom sub boxes (upto dual 12s), parts and most whatever I would need it to. Its also always expandable, which was a must for me after I learn. I will do all kinds of stuff from signs for local business to decor projects, to custom Silver rounds, terminal and more. OI have a few friends already waiting for custom stuff for their own hobbies.

I guess I was disappointed at the level of response here... I figured this would be a topic that people jumped all over. I found unlimited info within the hobby or industry though

I went with this guy, it was smaller than the 1000mmx15000mm I originally ordered but their service, support and shipping speed is what won me over. https://sienci.com/product/longmill/?attribute_size=30x30

The other one I looked at was called a Work Bee from bulk man 3D, awesome machine and bigger.... Just lacked real world support. In the end I have UNDER $1500 in the whole thing up and running.

Archived