battery voltage issues

1 hour ago, tomlintm said:

all of my wires are 1/0 ofc and that cca ground is also 1/0 thats in the rear so even so the wires does need to be replaced or the voltage wont get any better currect

Replace it anyways because that cca wire is equivalent to around a 4 gauge ofc. But you need to charge that rear battery to fix your problem. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Replace it anyways because that cca wire is equivalent to around a 4 gauge ofc. But you need to charge that rear battery to fix your problem. 

i have the amp off and stuff till i can tear it out of the car lot of work to get it out and i need to get atleast 10 feet of 1/0 ofc from sky high audio which isent cheap

7 minutes ago, tomlintm said:

i have the amp off and stuff till i can tear it out of the car lot of work to get it out and i need to get atleast 10 feet of 1/0 ofc from sky high audio which isent cheap

Knukonceptz has good cheap ofc wire and it’s silver tinned. It’s called Kolossus Fleks Kable and it’s $3.50 a foot. It will help. It will help maintain a better charge on that battery but won’t charge it back to where it needs to be. You need to charge that battery. That’s the MAIN reason the voltage is lower in the rear. 

Check the resting voltage of the batteries and if any of them are below 12.6 volts then they need to be charged. Disconnect them and check them. Let me know what they read. You never let me know when I asked. That information will help a lot. Mainly I need to know the resting voltage of the rear battery. I’m thinking the rear battery is resting at around 11’ish volts. Let me know. 

9 hours ago, tomlintm said:

well all my wires are ofc but the one ground in the rear battery connecting it to the frame is cca would that be my problem

It's too short to naturally cause your 2% drop, could be a bad cable as cca quality is hit/miss in today's market, bad ground,bad crimp etc.. So many things can cause this

Pull out your DMM and measure the voltage difference from the beginning and end of the ground wire, if its the exact same then move on and do the same with the power wire, you'll either find a hard drop or linear drop.

39 minutes ago, tomlintm said:

How long is that cca ground?

I spoke with the OP and his resting voltage on his rear battery is 12.82 but his ground wire is almost 10 feet. @AaronT we were both wrong lol! It’s because his ground wire is too long and might not be grounded hard enough, but definitely way too long. 

Archived