Sonic Electronix

I’m redoing my system on my 2003 civic. I’ve remove the rear 6x9s and wired the front doors for 2 way active setup. System consists of Pioneer Avh-501ex Soundquebed S4-100 on the highs and a Hifoncis BRX3016.1D on the sub. Speakers are Morel Maximo 6 rated for 90 rms and sub is EXM1000.12D4 rated for 1000rms. I’m using the headunit in network mode for the crossover. Sub LPF is @ 80hz, midrange is from 80hz- 4K hz, and tweeters from 4K and up. Problem is my midbass has disappeared and it seems like things are out of balance. Anybody have any ideas to help with tuning?

Good info above.  Turn sub off if someone hasn't mentioned that already. How did you install the mid-bass speakers?  Was there any deadening done to the doors?  Are the doors sealed off as much as possible?  Speakers don't like a leaky enclosure.  Super important to have done the steps i mentioned to get the best sound out of your drivers.

spacer.png

Inside of door is deadened with Stinger Road Kill Extreme and then a layer of Dynamat acoustic foam.

spacer.png

Fast Ring rear wave baffle. Not super pretty, the door has been worked on a few times.

spacer.png

Inner door treated with SoundSkins which is a butyl, aluminum, acoustic foam all in one product.

spacer.png

With a SoundSkins acoustic CCF Fast ring system.

spacer.png

On a well treated door panel.

spacer.png

Back on looking stock.  I have a simple single din pioneer HU hooked up to test speakers in the car and with 7+ watts going to this speaker with the cabin deadened to the extreme this speaker sounds like 50-75 watts is coming out because the speaker is sealed and most of all the energy is coming out the grille instead of dissipating in the door cavity, the panel, ect.  She is tight like a tiger if you know what i mean. Nobody likes sloppy sound waves !!  ha ha

Archived