Sonic Electronix

17 hours ago, AaronT said:

Your midbass is starting around 75 hz, a 80 down at any slope is cutting them all out.

Try 63 up at 18-24 if amp is gained right you should be able to play wide open 63 up no prob

Sounds good I will play with those settings. Now what about my tweeters, they are only rated for 60rms and the woofers 90rms. I know my amp is rated @ 100rms per channel. I tuned my amps with the SMD DD1 and then I turned the tweeters down just a little bit more to accommodate..

15 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Good info above.  Turn sub off if someone hasn't mentioned that already. How did you install the mid-bass speakers?  Was there any deadening done to the doors?  Are the doors sealed off as much as possible?  Speakers don't like a leaky enclosure.  Super important to have done the steps i mentioned to get the best sound out of your drivers.

spacer.png

Inside of door is deadened with Stinger Road Kill Extreme and then a layer of Dynamat acoustic foam.

spacer.png

Fast Ring rear wave baffle. Not super pretty, the door has been worked on a few times.

spacer.png

Inner door treated with SoundSkins which is a butyl, aluminum, acoustic foam all in one product.

spacer.png

With a SoundSkins acoustic CCF Fast ring system.

spacer.png

On a well treated door panel.

spacer.png

Back on looking stock.  I have a simple single din pioneer HU hooked up to test speakers in the car and with 7+ watts going to this speaker with the cabin deadened to the extreme this speaker sounds like 50-75 watts is coming out because the speaker is sealed and most of all the energy is coming out the grille instead of dissipating in the door cavity, the panel, ect.  She is tight like a tiger if you know what i mean. Nobody likes sloppy sound waves !!  ha ha

My doors are about 50% deadened with Second Skin Damplifier. Problem is I have a few gaps because my door panels are weak and don’t fit properly with any aftermarket speakers, even after numerous speaker mounts tried. I feel like I need a new car, because once I get up to highway speeds the wind noise really kills me.

That sounds like the main issue, speakers leaking and wind noise.  My 03 Lancer was my learning system. While parked it is seal off really good

but i have a aftermarket muffler( a Can) and they are built shitty in the front wheel wells where you hear tire noise and rocks hitting the plastic fender wells.  Not much i could do about that.  The Malibu from the pics above is treated 10x better so hoping there are minimal issues. 

14 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

That sounds like the main issue, speakers leaking and wind noise.  My 03 Lancer was my learning system. While parked it is seal off really good

but i have a aftermarket muffler( a Can) and they are built shitty in the front wheel wells where you hear tire noise and rocks hitting the plastic fender wells.  Not much i could do about that.  The Malibu from the pics above is treated 10x better so hoping there are minimal issues. 

Ok so I found out the main issue besides speakers leaking. Somehow when I was tuning my amps I accidentally flipped the high pass filter on the amp which was causing my midrange to act up. Turn everything off flipped the switch and it sounds a lot better than before.

Archived