Second Skin Audio

12" ported box design

airofu

9 hours ago, ehall8702 said:

Maybe the bass box program isn't compensating for 3 common port walls like Torres? Since it's such a small amount of more volume that'd be my guess. Out if all the programs I have used , Torres seems to be the most accurate as far as getting me the tune I want ( last box at 27hz and subs barely move at 27hz for instance). I also see you don't have a double baffle in Torres, maybe it's already figured in on bassbox?

Thanks it could be something like that will have a play around a bit more

You are just on here fishing for something you want to hear. You don’t accept or take help into consideration. You already have it all figured out and just want to know why programs vary in numbers. Most people would of came to the conclusion that every program isn’t gonna match in numbers to other programs and that is a common thing with any program compared to another program, be it for an enclosure or whatever. It’s not just a calculator, it’s a whole program with multiple functions to consider. If it were just a calculator, they would match more so than mix match. Kind of like a port length calculator. And the enclosure you’re building is gonna sound kind of flat. I did calculations for you to help you make a good enclosure and you wasted it because you don’t want help, you just want an explanation about why different programs collide. That’s crazy dude. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 5/4/2020 at 11:03 PM, airofu said:

Hoping to check the subboxpro design I've got here looks ok before I start it? eg. net volume and port length are calculated correctly thanks

You asked for help. It’s whatever though, I still got love for you and the next. I hope everything works out for you. For real. Sometimes it’s trial and error and some people have to put their hand on the stove to know it’s hot even when they were told it was hot before they touched it. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived