2014 dodge 3500 crew cab build nsv3 10

11 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yes it is. There’s just people that don’t know about, thus don’t go by it. Think of it like this. It’s like running different size subwoofers. Same scenario, same conflict in sound waves. Just less of a conflict in sound waves because of speakers being smaller and fed less rms. I’ve seen studies and charts that prove it. But since the speakers are different shapes and sizes that makes more of a conflict. Like running so square 15s and some round 10s. That would sound bad. But because subwoofers are bigger and see more rms and play lower frequencies, subwoofers are WAY more noticeable. Because I thought the same thing like what’s wrong with running different size mids and highs until it was explained to me and then shown to me in black and white. You can actually hear a difference when you switch 6x9s with 6.5s to match the other 6.5s and it sounds better. Not that the 6x9s and 6.5s didn’t sound good because they did. Just the switch made them sound better. I couldn’t hear a difference in sound quality when using different size round speakers. It just got louder. When switching 6.5” front stage to 8”. Not saying it wasn’t there, it just wasn’t audible. Fugh it. He can use 6x9s and be just fine. I just want dude to have the best sound quality possible. Plus he would be getting 6x9 coaxials that won’t crossover like his components and just rollover on frequencies. That’s why I said he would be better off getting some 6.5” midranges or the same components that he already has. Or he could go on parts-express.com and get some PRV 6x9 midranges. I would do all 6.5s though. But it’s whatever. The system will sound good anyways and it wouldn’t be a big difference in sound quality.

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-69mr500php-4-6-x-9-midrange-loudspeaker-4-ohm--294-2761

(These are not sold in pairs. You would have to buy 2) 

not that I don't believe you, but if you have links to those charts/studies, i'd be really interested to read em.  this is new info to me and i'd like to be informed on it too

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bmwking said:

not that I don't believe you, but if you have links to those charts/studies, i'd be really interested to read em.  this is new info to me and i'd like to be informed on it too

A dude on caraudio.com posted the charts and the info. I’m got banned from caraudio.com, so I can’t reference them. But think about it, when you’re at shows or on YouTube, do you ever see sound quality builds with oval speakers? You sometimes see different size drivers though but not often. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update video of the 10 goin ham... i have had a slow up in my build, no team series yet it will have to wait a little while i now have a son to be expected in novemeber and money is flowing to other things for a bit haha... will have some pics of my finished box and amp deck soon though am gunna be pulling the aystem out and doing all finishing touches to make it nice and clean!

That 10 looks like it's on a mission to the moon! Lots of flex!

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Basshead199789 said:

Cyrrently can not get the magnet of my 10 inch nsv3 to come out the whole i put it in smh..... now got to take box apart and try and get magnet surround off get this son of a gun out.. its no fun fighting with something thats 100lbs and stuck....

15930435824946968614093380876092.jpg

Can u reach in through the port and take surround off? Damn glue holds stronger than the screws do believe that!

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived