SHCA wire rant

Why the FUCK does sky high sell 2/0 wire as 1/0, 4/0 as 2/0 and etc? Nobody who knows anything about wiring thinks they’re getting some screaming deal when the 2/0 they ordered turns out to be 4/0, if they’re anything like me they’re just pissed off that none of the fuse holders, ring terminals or anything else they ordered fits their wire because they received something twice the size of what they wanted. Not to mention the stuff is ungoldly stiff. 

This company has single handedly made my entire install a nightmare because i planned to use 2/0 but now i have 20 feet of 4/0 that i can’t fucking return because i didn’t order an entire reel, and a bunch of fuse holders and ring terminals that won’t fit 4/0 wire. They could at least say anywhere on the website that this is the case. It’s like a reverse bait and switch except I’m still just as annoyed. I will be using certified basshead only from now on. /endrant 

Everybody knows sky high wire is oversized. That’s why a lot of people love sky high. It’s always best to research something before you purchase it so you know what to expect. It isn’t sky high car audio’s fault. You can make it fit the ring terminals and fuse holders. To make it fit the ring terminals, just cut some of the wire off to reduce the input. To make it fit the fuse holders, leave the tops off the fuse holders or use a battery operated or plug in saw to cut the ends of the fuse hold tops off if your bent on keeping the tops on. Done and done. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

When buying sky high wire, it’s best to buy the wire accessories from sky high as well. And it isn’t a smart thing to come on a car audio forum and talk junk about a respected brand. People don’t like that. Trust me, I know. I use to have a beef with Skar Audio and talked junk and people didn’t like that at all. They blanked on me. If you don’t like a company just don’t mess with them anymore and leave it at that. I know on the sky high website it says right there where you choose how many feet of wire you want that they do not accept returns unless it’s by the spool and if I seen something like that, I would research the product before purchasing it. Even if it didn’t say that, I would of still researched it before I purchased it. But I can understand where you’re coming from and how you feel because I’ve bought things before without researching them properly. Just research next time.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

You'll find this true with most name brand car audio wiring. It's normally oversized a bit

Who bitches about gettn more for your money or a quality, tested, and proven product? Jesus. The things some people bitch about. Lmfao. 

No I don't think he's bitching as much about bigger wire than he's bitching that, after waiting for everything to get there you go to start your install and shit don't fit so u gotta ordered more shit and wait again! I've done it, but it is lack of research that gets u in that spot really. Now I spend HOURS reading and researching to get compatible shit and be able to get it done first time....atleast 9 out if 10 times it works, now if I could just get that air drop service so I didn't have to wait a week for my shit I'd be all good!

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

14 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Everybody knows sky high wire is oversized. That’s why a lot of people love sky high. It’s always best to research something before you purchase it so you know what to expect. It isn’t sky high car audio’s fault. You can make it fit the ring terminals and fuse holders. To make it fit the ring terminals, just cut some of the wire off to reduce the input. To make it fit the fuse holders, leave the tops off the fuse holders or use a battery operated or plug in saw to cut the ends of the fuse hold tops off if your bent on keeping the tops on. Done and done. 

It is precisely Sky High's "fault". If you always wore XL shirts, and you bought one from me but I decided I was going to make my XL shirts the size of a XXXL then it's on me. You shouldn't have any reason to believe that when you order an XL shirt from me that it's going to be 2 sizes bigger than normal.

Sometimes giving someone more than they need is not a good thing. All of these companies should go by the actual wire gauge standard. When the OP, or anyone else, plans a system they think about what they need. In his plans he thought he needed 2/0 wire. He probably didn't need 4/0. I use 4 gauge wire in my truck. If it had shown up the size of 0, I wouldn't have been able to run it (without additional problems, any way).

I'm not saying Sky High is bad. I'm just saying all companies should label their stuff properly. I know about Sky High, and others, being oversized. But customers shouldn't have to scour the internet to see what it really is.

@blammo585. Agree totally there, a size is labeled a size for a reason. Then to add to it you have American Wire Gauge and then the international whatever it's called and that'll cornfuse the hell outta ya too if ur not paying attention. So all in all OP s rant is the same one many have had lol, we have all been burned before and now know to research alot before purchase, but in reality we shouldn't have to cause 1/0 awg should fit in 1/0awg terminals right? Lol...

2009 Silverado 1500, 7.5" lift, 37x12.50r17s, Built Gen 4 5.3L ( 4.8l flat pistons, decked 243s, SS2 Cam, Pac 1218 springs, ported intake, 120mm TB, Long tubes, 3" duals HP tuner software tuned by me), 4l80e swapped and 4.56 gears. All done by me. stereo is Pioneer avh 600ex, all stinger rca, jp23 v1.5, skar rp150.4, and hertz hpd4. 2 SHCA 6.5 8ohm, 1 SHCA 3.5", and 1 DS18 tw120pro in each door. The 3.5 mid and 3.5" tweeters are powered by the skar rp150.4, the 6.5s are powered by the hertz bridged @4 ohms. Dual runs   of 3/0 welding cable, 300a alternator, 2 Vmax AGMs up front. current sub is a AB XR 12 ( dual 2 ohm) with bottom spider cut out in 2.25 cubes at 32hz

Archived