SHCA wire rant

I just dont see how he got 4/0 size when it was suppose to be 2/0. Ive ordered sky high 4 and 0 gauge and even being oversized i only had to trim a tiny bit to make them fit the generic terminals i bought. Maybe it was a shipping mistake idk. Sky high isnt the only brand doing it. Knukonceptz is kickass wire and theirs is thicker than sky high. Ig i just dont see the point in bashing a single brand for doing something that is widely known and practiced by most upper tier brands. Imo an oversight that cost him but no one to b mad at but himself for not doin his research. End of the day i almost gaurantee he could trim a lil wire off and make those terminals fit.

I had problems with their fuse holders. Bought 3 dual 1/0 ring terminal fuse holders and none fit the wire and lug, still have em sitting on a shelf. I switched to smd and couldn’t be happier :) 

3 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

You are telling me their 2/0 is 4/0 now if it’s actually that big of a difference that is messed up lol...   I wonder what knukoncepts 4/0 is then their sizes usually run bigger then most 

Sky High oversizes their wire. I think what is meant by the OP is that their 2/0 wire is equal in size to AWG 4/0. Take a look at this video where a guy compares Sky High 2/0 to 4/0 welding cable. 

I don't care for shca 

Thier wire they sent me had pre terminated lugs on it that where literally just smashed on with a hammer 

.also, thier 1/0 was not as thick as the nvx 1/0 I had 

You want the biggest fattest wire out? Knukoncepts. And it's cheaper, and tinned.

I have a thread all about it with comparison pics.

Also we all know 1/0 car audio from any one, nvx, Rockford, JL, kicker, gp, shca, knukoncepts, etc is always 2/0 welding cable sized.

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

This should end all debates regarding wire size who's better and all of that shit

I'm reading throughout this thread that SHCA wire is a pain in the ass to deal with and I guess the hype isn't real.... but I'm looking to buy 125' of 2/0 SHCA wire because, they run sales on their stuff periodically, and if I can catch it at 10% off, it comes out to the cheapest, decent, 2/0 ofc wire I can find. Unfortunately, ease of install isn't in my budget, but if you guys think I'm going to get screwed down the road, please let me know. GP was going to be my second choice because of price. I am going to buy my own hydraulic press for the ring terminals and also buy the SHCA 2/0 ring terminals in hopes they would fit the best, and SMD fuse blocks because they seem universal to any size. Please let me know what you guys think

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 5/5/2020 at 9:55 AM, Joshdashef said:

I had problems with their fuse holders. Bought 3 dual 1/0 ring terminal fuse holders and none fit the wire and lug, still have em sitting on a shelf. I switched to smd and couldn’t be happier :) 

I want to buy some of the new copper fuse holders he just came out with. I can’t seem to find them though.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived