Crossover Dilemma

ok so I disconnected the remote cable from the Front system but only on end of the Mosconi amp, I wasn't in the mood of disconnecting the wire from the back of HU, don't think it matters as long as it doesn't ground to something. I then set back the switch to REM sub still pops at radio on and radio off too.

There is this anomaly to mention like why when the Switch is on DC Offset the sound is improved but still not ideal? 

I moved the sub in the trunk and it didn t turn out to be a good idea. Everytime it goes in the trunk the freqs 55hz-70hz are VERY silent. You literally have to be near the sub otherwise waves are being canceled. Or maybe the signal output is distorted (possibly JL amp defekt?) so that it causes those cancelations to occur while in the trunk? Ithen put it back in the back seat seem satisactory. Anyway so why does the sub still pop?

I am surprised I didn t set the car on fire yet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have gone and changed the whole thing.

Before I had it: Front System amp under the passenger seat; Bass amp on the left back seat. Is it important to mention those back seats have no insulation, therr's just some cardboard under the coverage lol, while in my other car there was bare metal?

Now I have brought the 2 amps under the trunks carpet, rewired everything again.

Changed the Bass amp to Mosconi One 240.2, sub still pops but now it's quieter on turn On or Off. With thr JL amp was more noticeable.

So now with this other amp and sub in the trunk, I still experience cancellations 55Hz - 70 75Hz. I need to put the sub on the back seat to avoid this. The sub is reproducing those freqs normally because I stood next to it. I thought the sub wasn't reproducing these when in fact the cars acoustics somehow cancels those waves when sub in trunk and while on driver seat lol. Tried Phase and Crossover settings you always lose the upper bass range with it in the trunk.

Bass is now better since this is class AB amp, but still, with this new bought sub I experience port chuffing with certain songs?

Bottom line is in this car, trunk is the last place sub should be placed in.

Archived