15 hours ago, reedal said:

I answered which wires are what. As far as soldering two different size wires together, it's no different than soldering two of the same size wires together, with the exception that is will not take as long to heat up the smaller wire as it will the larger wire. slide the heat shrink on, strip the wire, slide the strands of the smaller wire in to the strands of the larger wire so they're interlaced, place soldering iron underneath copper, insert solder from above, let it flow over the copper, remove soldering iron, let solder harden, slide heath shrink over solder joint, and apply heat to seal. ta-dahhhhhhh

Thanks for the quick soldering lesson. I was more concerned about the potential fire hazard or other malfunction due to different wire sizes being connected together. Like, wouldn't there be more current or less resistance going thru the larger size wire coming from the battery then stepping the wire down to such a small size? I was thinking of the electricity like water. Going from a big pipe to a really small pipe. The pressure on the small pipe would be greater potentially causing problems because of the increased pressure from the larger pipe. Again, I don't know much about electrical things and maybe I'm over thinking this entire thing. I just don't want to set my brand new car on fire because of a stupid mistake or poor equipment design. I was also thinking that (and I don't understand the reasoning behind it) that when you hook up an amp, you need to use the same size ground as power. This would be using different size ground (24g) than power (18g at battery). Wasn't sure if that would cause problems. Again, just trying to not set my car on fire. Your snarky sarcasric responses, while funny, aren't very helpful. I know how to solder just don't know a whole lot about electrical loads and stuff like that. Maybe if you took some of your obvious vast wealth of knowkedge, wit, and sense of humor and used it to get laid every now and then you wouldn't be such a miserable jerk and would be more willing to help someone. 

Or maybe my question really is that stupid and I'm over thinking things...who knows!  

http://www.bcae1.com/

Theres your beginners guide to help you out with electronic theory.

You said in your first post that the meter's power wire is ~16ga. If you own wire strippers, it'll be easy for you to figure out what gauge the wire actually is. If you're uncomfortable using the included wiring and fuse, then change the wire to match the gauge that comes from the meter. You don't need to. Tony D'amore isn't going to design and produce a fire hazard. There are a number of people using these meters that all got the same stuff you did. 

You must be a real big boy with all of the insults you like throwing at me. Great work, champ!

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 1:08 AM, JonBob said:

Ok, so I did a little more digging and saw that the operating range is 8v-22v. So I figured it might be able to turn on with a 9v battery. It did! The small wires are 24 gauge. The red is power, black is ground, yellow is trigger. Now I just have to figure out how to splice in a 24ga power wire into the 18ga inline fuse wire. That's going to be a job for another day tho. The wires are not nearly long enough to reach the battery, they're only maybe 10 inches long. I might try to use 20ga wires to make the runs and then use them as a middle ground to make the connection with the 18ga inline fuse. Make sense to everyone? And I'll use the regular size (forget the actual size of the wire) that the amp uses for trigger to splice into the trigger wire on the TM-1. 

Sound good to everyone out there in Interweb Land? Tell me if this doesn't sound like a good idea please! 

So the yellow wire goes with the blue remote on wire on the Amp? Red goes to battery, black ground, white is positive for fans and black is ground for fans?

On 7/29/2020 at 4:33 PM, armyvet68 said:

Meade is useless I tried contacting them and no answer no return email. useless

That’s a major thing to say about somebody. Just because somebody doesn’t answer you doesn’t make them a bad person nor useless. There’s no such thing as a useless being, substance or essence. Everybody and everything has worth and a purpose.You have to think beyond what’s irritating you and realize people, places and things all function differently and just because they don’t put you in their function doesn’t mean any insult, ill intentions or harm to you. Also, what if he has been doing his own thing and not really focusing on some stuff because he is going through something and handling his own life. You can’t be mad at somebody about that. Quit being like that dude. Chill out and bass on.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Ok but the website says 24/7 support. SO if a business offers 24/7 support they should be there, that's poor business. All i asked for was proper step by step instructions to make it easier for us who are not experienced in hooking something like this up. The SMD TM-1 instructions are very short and not clear for ME. I would please just like some help. Thank you

15 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That’s a major thing to say about somebody. Just because somebody doesn’t answer you doesn’t make them a bad person nor useless. There’s no such thing as a useless being, substance or essence. Everybody and everything has worth and a purpose.You have to think beyond what’s irritating you and realize people, places and things all function differently and just because they don’t put you in their function doesn’t mean any insult, ill intentions or harm to you. Also, what if he has been doing his own thing and not really focusing on some stuff because he is going through something and handling his own life. You can’t be mad at somebody about that. Quit being like that dude. Chill out and bass on.

Ok but the website says 24/7 support. SO if a business offers 24/7 support they should be there, that's poor business. All i asked for was proper step by step instructions to make it easier for us who are not experienced in hooking something like this up. The SMD TM-1 instructions are very short and not clear for ME. I would please just like some help. Thank you