You have $2500, and.....Go!

SGT_76

My mind wanders A LOT while driving all day lol. So, hypothetical question... If you had an equipment budget of $2500 to design two doors (no rear fill), what would YOU build? There's only two stipulations... 1) They have to "try" and compete with say 15k+ watts of sub stage. 2) When played at daily "sane" levels they should, at a minimum, sound decent and not rape your ears like a door full of non-Eq'd supertweets.

EDIT: This is not a "tell me what to buy" or "design my doors" post lol. I just thought it would be interesting to see the different approaches you guys would take. 

Couldn’t you wire up amps to only turn on when you want to compete so your daily has say two component sets instead of all your pro audio speaker and tweeter/horns killing your ear drum? Just throw em on different switches to turn on at your leisure.

Never ran pro audio so can’t recommend anything sorry bud 

With the right DSP you could run for competitions and daily driving. Its just setting on the DSP that will let signals work for what you program.

13 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Couldn’t you wire up amps to only turn on when you want to compete so your daily has say two component sets instead of all your pro audio speaker and tweeter/horns killing your ear drum? Just throw em on different switches to turn on at your leisure.

Never ran pro audio so can’t recommend anything sorry bud 

It's meant to just be a fun "hypothetical", I'm not looking for recommendations. Just curious to see what people would do in that scenario. I've been on the road for over 2 months this run, and it gets boring lol! To answer your question though, sure you could. You can do anything, as long as your chosen equipment total for speakers, amps, EQ, DSP, etc is within $2500. 

Archived