Amp power wire spark

10 minutes ago, MajikNinja said:

No current as in the amp wasn’t connected to any positive feed? The battery was ground and the positive battery terminal was still connected as well. I was working on removing the positive post connection when it slip out a hit the negative post. 

That happens sometimes but be careful. Most of the time it doesn’t cause any damage but you never know. Just be careful and remember to always fuse after you’re done with the connections and no worries. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Just curious, what kind of amp and subwoofers are you using?

I have 2 12 inch Alpines. Each on their own Alpine S-A60M amp. Each getting 600w rms. It’s not crazy or anything. It’s enough for me to be honest. I’d love to have like 8 18 inch sundowns. But I have to live within my means you know. :)

18 minutes ago, MajikNinja said:

I have 2 12 inch Alpines. Each on their own Alpine S-A60M amp. Each getting 600w rms. It’s not crazy or anything. It’s enough for me to be honest. I’d love to have like 8 18 inch sundowns. But I have to live within my means you know. :)

What type of alpine subwoofers? Alpine subwoofers have good sound quality. I like them. I’ve used type R’s more than once. 12” and 15”. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

30 minutes ago, MajikNinja said:

No current as in the amp wasn’t connected to the positive? The negative and the positive battery terminals were still connected. I was working on removing the positive post connection when the amp power wire fell down and hit the negative battery terminal post. Amps where grounded in the trunk to separate sanded parts of the chassis. No power connected to the amps during this. 

Well I guess no one can be 100% sure without proper tests and stuff if this could potentially fry an amp. Just never let it happen again and always fuse equipment last! I did learn something new. So that’s always a win in my book!

Archived