Need to find a DSP tuning guy in Sacramento ?

I have had a Dayton DSP 408 sitting on my dresser for 2 months.... And I really need to get that in my truck, and dialed in. 

Basically, I'm looking for someone in the Sacramento area with 1) a laptop PC and the Dayton 408 program, 2) a microphone, and 3) experience in setting up DSP's (although I would assume most guys with a laptop, the Dayton 408 tuning program, and a mic, probably do have some tuning experience)

Also I want to set all of my gains and such as well.  

So far I've only found one place in Sac that can do all of this.... But they want $200 a freaking hour ! ....and they said it might be a month or two before they could get to me ? Seriously ? If they have that much business at $200 and hour, I guess they don't need mine.

Would really like to get this started in about 2 or 3 weeks. 

You aren't going to find anyone who has that kind of equipment that is going to do that for cheap. I have no idea if $200 an hour is the going rate but what you are asking isn't something that people do cheaply if they do it for money. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

19 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

You aren't going to find anyone who has that kind of equipment that is going to do that for cheap. I have no idea if $200 an hour is the going rate but what you are asking isn't something that people do cheaply if they do it for money. 

I think you meant to say "don't do cheaply" :( And that sucks. Because honestly, A LOT of people already have a lap top. The mic and software are not crazy expensive. And I think learning how to do this wouldn't be that awfully difficult. 

So why, might a person ask, don't I do it myself ? Well because I only have 1 system I need to tune.  

But the more I think about it, maybe I do need to get me a laptop... and a mic + software. Learn how to do this, and start charging $100 an hour. Hmmmm... No seriously, I'm going to start looking into this now.

isn't something that people do cheaply...as in it isn't cheap. but either way you got my point.

It also depends on what you mean by dialed in as well. Are you looking for a SQ style competition tune or just better than not having a DSP for daily listening sound? If it's the second option then you can do that yourself. It will just take time to learn how to make it sound like you want. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

22 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

isn't something that people do cheaply...as in it isn't cheap. but either way you got my point.

It also depends on what you mean by dialed in as well. Are you looking for a SQ style competition tune or just better than not having a DSP for daily listening sound? If it's the second option then you can do that yourself. It will just take time to learn how to make it sound like you want. 

Sorry, I'm blind... Can't read :) lol 

I just want my frequency response as smoothed out as possible..... To get rid of the peaks and valleys. Sound stage is very "unimportant" to me, which is a good thing, as with my mid bass drivers behind me, I'm never going to have "that kind" of an SQ setup, and I'm not really concerned about that.

Anyway yes, I hear you. I have several things to do first, but I don't mean "someday down the road" I mean, right now :) I have a new battery already, 320 amp alternator comes in today, new 18" sub next week... Bunch more sound deadener comes in today.... So Im thinking within 2 weeks, I just need to go on and hook up the DSP and start playing with it.

If you can’t figure out how to adjust a dsp yourself then don’t use it. Use passive crossovers and be done with it. But you could just keep tinkering with that dsp until you understand it and that might take awhile and you won’t have a good sound until you figure out a dsp. So if you want mediocre sound for awhile while you figure out that dsp then fuck it, trial and error that device until you figure it out. But if it were me, I want good sound ASAP and throwing some passive crossovers on a set up can do that instantly with no tinkering or tweaking. But if you figure out a dsp, it can yield better sound quality and of course more options.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you can’t figure out how to adjust a dsp yourself then don’t use it. Use passive crossovers and be done with it. But you could just keep tinkering with that dsp until you understand it and that might take awhile and you won’t have a good sound until you figure out a dsp. So if you want mediocre sound for awhile while you figure out that dsp then fuck it, trial and error that device until you figure it out. But if it were me, I want good sound ASAP and throwing some passive crossovers on a set up can do that instantly with no tinkering or tweaking. But if you figure out a dsp, it can yield better sound quality and of course more options.

My system already actively crossed over 3 ways, for sub, mid-bass, and mids/highs, then passively between the mods and highs + my deck has a 13 band EQ..... So I have about as much control as one could have "without a DSP" installed.

Yet, a good % of car audio people feel like I still have to have a DSP.

Actually, I kind of agree.... At least least for the sub frequencies. I totally want to tame the cabin gain peak, and accentuate the bass frequency on both sides of that. 

2 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

My system already actively crossed over 3 ways, for sub, mid-bass, and mids/highs, then passively between the mods and highs + my deck has a 13 band EQ..... So I have about as much control as one could have "without a DSP" installed.

Yet, a good % of car audio people feel like I still have to have a DSP.

Actually, I kind of agree.... At least least for the sub frequencies. I totally want to tame the cabin gain peak, and accentuate the bass frequency on both sides of that. 

Then you already have a little bit of an understanding about crossovers then. So just hook up that dsp and tinker with it until you figure it out.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

40 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Then you already have a little bit of an understanding about crossovers then. So just hook up that dsp and tinker with it until you figure it out.

Oh.... But I think I'm going to have to use a mic.... Then do a frequency sweep to see where my peaks and valleys are in the first place, right ?

I know their is a phone app I can adjust my Dayton 408 with, and I did buy the USB controller for it...

Archived