And I asked about JS alternators to the guy from Brand X and he spoke pretty highly of them actually. That would be my second choice. but I just hate the politics some of these companies have when they're on social media and trashing each other. 

7 minutes ago, AaronT said:

And I asked about JS alternators to the guy from Brand X and he spoke pretty highly of them actually. That would be my second choice. but I just hate the politics some of these companies have when they're on social media and trashing each other. 

I know brand x offers a lifetime warranty with their alternators. Do you know of any other companies that offer lifetime warranties? That can help the OP and more who read this thread if they are kinda iffy about what alternator to choose.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 minutes ago, AaronT said:

Yeah of the few complaints I've heard, or seen. I followed him closely, as he is close to me like js is to you. Are chipped powder coat from shipping damage.

Dude ships like 50-100 a week. And obviously he has some help packing them up sometimes good help is hard to find I guess

Understandable.

44 minutes ago, AaronT said:

I thought most companies did offer lifetimes.?

I just went on some websites and your right, most all companies offer lifetime warranties, JS too. I really need to read into things better before I open my wallet or my mouth LOL!

5 hours ago, BigBrucewithKia said:

I see power bastards didn't come up in this conversation.

Because power bastards are not good and nor is the company it’s self. Check out all the complaints to the better business bureau on them. And you don’t go to shows and hear dudes that have good set ups say, “yeah, I’m running some power bastards under the hood.” LOL never. Plus that shit they claim about full amperage at 1200 rpms or whatever is a straight lie and total bullshit and it’s like slapping the car audio community in the face as a whole. I wouldn’t recommend power bastards to anybody.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:52 PM, 1point21gigawatts said:

My JS 390 is holding up fine. There is a little bit of a discharge noise after I turn the engine off like 30 seconds after, sometimes, not all the time. It was very hard to hear unless you were out of the vehicle beside the vehicle and it only did it for the first week off and on and now it’s been over a month and I haven’t heard it. It might of been breaking in LOL idk. It was only about $540. Fuck it. LOL! It’s not giving me any problems and it’s doing it’s job well. And hopefully it continues to do so. But if my JS kaputs, then I’m gonna drive down to JS to get them to fix it. I stay close to JS. That’s another reason I got a JS too so I can be right near them if something ever goes wrong LOL! Im liking brand x though. I’m starting to get a little high school crush on them alternators from all the stuff I hear about the alternators and the integrity of the company. And y’all forgot to tell the OP about dc alternators and Ohio generator alternators. But yeah, I can’t really understand what you typed but did you say you would avoid JS? And if so, why? JS use to be 2nd rate back in the day but lately they done stepped their game up. That’s why it’s been a while since there’s been bad chatter online about JS. I was skeptical about buying a JS at first because of what I’ve heard but then I realized it wasn’t recent talk I was hearing and a dude that I picked up a amp and some batteries from is been running JS for a while and he schooled me in them and then I did more research and my outlook changed. Kinda like how my outlook changed about brand x. But the only difference is, I’ve NEVER heard anything bad about brand x except for when ToNasty said to you on here on that thread where you were showing the build of your brand x enclosure that brand x scratches their alternators sometimes from not handling them with care or use to do that. And that’s nothing. A scratch on an alternator is not a big deal. And brand x will fix it if you send it back in and like you said, brand x has stepped their game up and it was probably because of the building they were first in before they moved or something like that. I don’t remember exactly. And the looks don’t matter too much even though it’s cool to have a nice looking build when it comes to anything. But what matters is how it performs. Have you heard any recent bad chatter about JS? I need to know because I’ve only had mine for installed for about 2 months and don’t want any surprises and I want to know what to look for and stuff like that. Dude fill me in on what you know about the matter. It’s like if you caught your homeboys girl cheating on him then you have to tell him. Tell me dude LOL!

Dude didn’t realize you just recently bought JS too keep me posted on anything you hear or find out I’ll do the same 

Archived