Is it enough

14 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Also with that taramp smart 3 and my 4 channel and the xsd5100 and a 250amp alt i should be good right no strain on my electrical?

You would be fine. The max music consumption of that smart 3 amp is 150 amps and that other 400 rms amp doesn’t pull even half that. I wouldn’t recommend something to you that wouldn’t be ideal. Think about it, you already told me what alternator and battery set up you had. But you’re probably just double checking with me to make sure I took that into account. I’m gonna always do my best to get someone in the right direction. But on that smart 3 amp you will have to buy input reducers because taramps puts 4 gauge inputs on their amps until they reach 5000 watts then they put 0 gauge inputs on their amps. Everybody wants taramps to change that but they don’t change it because taramps figures if on music that amp only pulls 150 amps then 4 gauge wire is the biggest gauge needed because 4 gauge ofc wire can support up to 150 amps of current. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

So does that mean at 12.8v I get 3000w and any higher voltage would just translate to more watts and less amperage draw? And I’m pretty set on the evls so would that taramp smart 3 be enough or should I go bigger if even possible. Sorry for all the questions kinda noob when it comes to this much power I really appreciate the help

At a higher voltage than 12.6 the smart 3 does more than 3000 rms of course and at higher voltage and more watts more current/amps are pulled of course. 

18 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I meant to say 12.6 volts and yeah that taramps smart 3 will be enough. If I had them subwoofer I would put them on a smart 3. For sure. No second guessing, I would jump with that smart 3 and not any higher or lower. Plus it has a clip meter in the front of the amp so it’s super easy to set the gain at the right spot. When the clip sensor turns on, turn the gain down. Tune the amp at the highest volume you listen to or full volume. Tune it to a 40hz test tone and turn the gain slowly up until the sensor goes off and when it goes off, turn back a little on the gain until it goes off and your amp is tuned. Easy as that.

Dude fucking life saver just watched some dynos and some real world usage videos and I must say things have come along ass way since I had my last system 10+ years ago holy shit [email protected] if you had told me that before today I would’ve asked you what your smoking lol so yup made my deduction smart3 two evl 15” and a xs d5100 fucking set my dude you’ve been a huge help. Can’t thank you enough I’ve been racking my brain and logging in hella hours online. 

Just now, Spazy808 said:

No haven’t bought it yet but I am getting the subs for sure and now the smart 3 amp

Unless there is a better sub out there I used to run Rockford but I’ve been hearing nothing but good good on the skar evls. Vxf would be better but limitations ugh 

9 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Dude fucking life saver just watched some dynos and some real world usage videos and I must say things have come along ass way since I had my last system 10+ years ago holy shit [email protected] if you had told me that before today I would’ve asked you what your smoking lol so yup made my deduction smart3 two evl 15” and a xs d5100 fucking set my dude you’ve been a huge help. Can’t thank you enough I’ve been racking my brain and logging in hella hours online. 

You’re welcome dude!

8 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you’re on a budget, stick to the Skar subwoofers. The evls are straight on that smart 3. The vxfs would need a bigger amp.

Dude I’m on it evls ftw and the smart 3 xsd5100 JS 250 alt sky high 0g all around getting the sound deadening start as we speak gonna get a box built at a local shop should be a sick set up I’ll defiantly post up some pics when it finally comes together 

Archived