Is it enough

15 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Dude I’m on it evls ftw and the smart 3 xsd5100 JS 250 alt sky high 0g all around getting the sound deadening start as we speak gonna get a box built at a local shop should be a sick set up I’ll defiantly post up some pics when it finally comes together 

That’s a good set up dude.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

But I would get knukonceptz wire instead. Get some 1/0 awg kolossus fleks kable. It’s silver tinned ofc and more conductive than regular ofc wire like sky high. I’m not hating on sky high because I’m using sky high terminals right now. I love sky high. Sky high is a very good brand. But the only wire I run is knukonceptz. It’s cheaper than sky high too. 

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But I would get knukonceptz wire instead. Get some 1/0 awg kolossus fleks kable. It’s silver tinned ofc and more conductive than regular ofc wire like sky high. I’m not hating on sky high because I’m using sky high terminals right now. I love sky high. Sky high is a very good brand. But the only wire I run is knukonceptz. It’s cheaper than sky high too. 

What size fuses should I be using for everything including the 4 channel 

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You would be fine. The max music consumption of that smart 3 amp is 150 amps and that other 400 rms amp doesn’t pull even half that. I wouldn’t recommend something to you that wouldn’t be ideal. Think about it, you already told me what alternator and battery set up you had. But you’re probably just double checking with me to make sure I took that into account. I’m gonna always do my best to get someone in the right direction. But on that smart 3 amp you will have to buy input reducers because taramps puts 4 gauge inputs on their amps until they reach 5000 watts then they put 0 gauge inputs on their amps. Everybody wants taramps to change that but they don’t change it because taramps figures if on music that amp only pulls 150 amps then 4 gauge wire is the biggest gauge needed because 4 gauge ofc wire can support up to 150 amps of current. 

Dude they upgraded and added 0g inputs to the smart 3 so that’s awesome and yea I was just double checking with you. 

33 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Does this appear to be the correct way it should be wired hopefully from the hours of videos I’ve watched this is correct just need to know anl fuse sizes 

D52B34B5-509C-4668-90A1-63797FFECDC1.jpeg

You want to ground the amps to the chassis instead of the rear battery post. Them grounds would be too long. The shorter you can get the ground wires, the better. Plus don’t ground the amps on the same grounding bolt. It could create ground loop noise. And since 1/0 awg can only support up to 350 amps of current, get 350 amp fuses. And for 4 gauge wire do 150 amp fuses and for 8 gauage wire do 60 amp fuses.

20 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You want to ground the amps to the chassis instead of the rear battery post. Them grounds would be too long. The shorter you can get the ground wires, the better. Plus don’t ground the amps on the same grounding bolt. It could create ground loop noise. And since 1/0 awg can only support up to 350 amps of current, get 350 amp fuses. And for 4 gauge wire do 150 amp fuses and for 8 gauage wire do 60 amp fuses.

Okay what’s a good rule of thumb on ground wire Length? And positive wire length for rear setup. Separate ground locations for the three rear grounds is what you are saying? But other then that my diagram is G then 

25 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I swear you’ve got to be the most helpful non asshole person I’ve ever talked to online 👍🏼👍🏼

3 minutes ago, Spazy808 said:

Okay what’s a good rule of thumb on ground wire Length? And positive wire length for rear setup. Separate ground locations for the three rear grounds is what you are saying? But other then that my diagram is G then 

Ideally 18” or below, ideally. If for some reason you must exceed 18” then the less you exceed it, the better.

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Ideally 18” or below, ideally. If for some reason you must exceed 18” then the less you exceed it, the better.

Okay well here goes nothing lol wife isn’t gonna like the price to get this to happen but between a car accident settlement and stimulus it’s a small chip compared to some people’s set ups. Thanks again for all the help and knowledge really took me to school dude. Excited to hear how loud it’s gonna be in a extended cab. 

Archived