Is it enough

14 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Hold up, I just read that again. How are you running a positive feed and ground through the same distro block? Am I misunderstanding what you’re saying? Are you using 2 blocks? Is the system hooked up?

The block Im using is similar to SMD split block.  Im just using one side for Power and the other side for Ground. Ive had this set up for a few weeks without issues (so far anyway).

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meade has a similar block, but I didnt need as many terminals...

spacer.png

Steve Meade's video (look @16:47):

Another build that has similar setup for Power and Ground (@4:44)

His test bench is wired up very similarly as well. This is why I didnt think there were any issues with it.

11 minutes ago, raymo2u said:

The block Im using is similar to SMD split block.  Im just using one side for Power and the other side for Ground. Ive had this set up for a few weeks without issues (so far anyway).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. That’s what’s up. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 11 months later...
On 6/2/2020 at 8:08 AM, raymo2u said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Another build that has similar setup for Power and Ground (@4:44)

His test bench is wired up very similarly as well. This is why I didnt think there were any issues with it.

I agree, if your car hasn't caught fire so far, don't fix it. Steve doesn't do what you're talking about in either of those videos. Nowhere does he have power and ground wire on the same block. Your pics are confusing. The first two are just fuse holders and the last pic in the description it says it can be used as a power block or a ground block. I can see how you could read power/ground split block and think it means splitting power and ground but maybe it's just a split block that can be use for power OR ground. I could be wrong but I would be nervous having a power and ground block so close together like that but if that works for you. That's like having your battery terminals 1/4" apart. I don't like it personally.

Archived