Sonic Electronix

I'm wanting to set up my amp using an Oscope and was wondering if its truly necessary to disconnect the speaker connections, the was my amp is installed makes it a royal PITA to disconnect and reconnect. Just want to know if there is a real detriment to leaving them connected while testing.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, tgarza74 said:

I'm wanting to set up my amp using an Oscope and was wondering if its truly necessary to disconnect the speaker connections, the was my amp is installed makes it a royal PITA to disconnect and reconnect. Just want to know if there is a real detriment to leaving them connected while testing.

Thanks!

What's an oscope ? 

And just curious... Where is your amp mounted that it's so difficult to disconnect the speaker wires ? 

If it's completely buried, couldn't you just disconnect the positive connection at speakers themselves ?

8 minutes ago, fishchris1 said:

What's an oscope ? 

And just curious... Where is your amp mounted that it's so difficult to disconnect the speaker wires ? 

If it's completely buried, couldn't you just disconnect the positive connection at speakers themselves ?

Oscope = Oscilloscope. Its not that the amp is burried, it's just mounted in a tight location and it's hard to fit my hand into where the speaker wires are. As far as disconnecting the speakers at the speaker location, I don't want to pull the door panels off. I'm in a 2016 Tacoma double cab. 

20200514_170826.jpg

Disconnecting the speakers is just to protect them from being blow when you send a test tone through your amplifier. Unfortunately, there is no substitute to disconnecting at the amplifier unless you disconnect at the speaker terminals themselves... 

2 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Disconnecting the speakers is just to protect them from being blow when you send a test tone through your amplifier. Unfortunately, there is no substitute to disconnecting at the amplifier unless you disconnect at the speaker terminals themselves... 

I figured as much, I'm just wonder if blowing speakers is much of a possibility. 

Archived