I need a super capacitor.... But dam, not a lot of choices :(

So I finally have a nice, strong alternator, which makes MORE than enough juice for my current system. And I have a pretty decent AGM battery, which, when considering I NEVER play my stereo with the truck not running, gives me plenty of storage too. The only issue I have left to deal with, is that I'm just not able to deliver bursts of juice "fast enough" :( I know this is a fact, as on quick kick drums and such, I get some of my dash lights flickering (not so much the headlights, but then again, those have been replaced with very low power consumption LED's, so I'm not sure those would flicker anyway) But also, the only flicks of red I get from my clipping indicator, is on those quick snappy bass notes. 

From what I have researched, I know I don't want an old school capacitor... like the 1 to 5 farad garbage, but rather a "super capacitor" or an "ultra capacitor". 

So about the only company I have found that makes something I trust, is Xs power.... and these are just too ef'ing expensive :( I mean maybe this would be in my price range (borderline) but is it really smaller than I need to match my system ? 

https://4xspower.com/shop/super-banks/12v-75-super-banks/sb75-20l/

Oh, my system info;

My alternator puts out 335 amps from idle, all the way up

my two amps are fuse rated at 90 amps, and 250 amps. 

Supposedly I'll be making about 3300 watts {but someone will surely chime in and say, because of A, B, C, X, Y, and Z, your only making 130 watts... or some stupid low number.... whatever}

I mean, would I really need one like this for a 3000wt system ?

https://4xspower.com/shop/super-banks/12v-500-super-banks/sb500-47/

Because $520 is just out of my price range.

Complicating matters, most of the choices I find (and their are not many) are Chinese crap.... and not available through Amazon Prime, meaning NO free returns, so that's out of the question too :( 

Seriously, WTF am I going to do with this ?

Yeah for supercaps most people used maxwell. They are expensive as well. Caps are not cheap. I have 2 banks bussed into 1 im selling but its for a 16+ volts system. You would have to get new bars.

Honestly if you are running a single agm you should think about getting another instead of caps.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

15 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Yeah for supercaps most people used maxwell. They are expensive as well. Caps are not cheap. I have 2 banks bussed into 1 im selling but its for a 16+ volts system. You would have to get new bars.

Honestly if you are running a single agm you should think about getting another instead of caps.

Well another AGM would be a LOT easier, and cheaper. In fact, with the AGM's I used, I could add two more of them for the cost of the Limitless cap bank.... but from my understanding, two AGM's  maybe even 3 of them, won't put out as fast a burst of energy as a cap bank. Honestly, I'm not sure if 4 or 6 AGM's would do it ? Again, I'm confident I have "enough" power. I just don't think I have "fast enough" power.

19 minutes ago, Wishuponasub said:

Caps are good to have with any battery because they have a quicker recall and delivery and voltage won’t drop as much and then the battery can make up for the reserve. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Just now, Fish Chris said:

Well another AGM would be a LOT easier, and cheaper. In fact, with the AGM's I used, I could add two more of them for the cost of the Limitless cap bank.... but from my understanding, two AGM's  maybe even 3 of them, won't put out as fast a burst of energy as a cap bank. Honestly, I'm not sure if 4 or 6 AGM's would do it ? Again, I'm confident I have "enough" power. I just don't think I have "fast enough" power.

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

Caps are good to have with any battery because they have a quicker recall and delivery and voltage won’t drop as much and then the battery can make up for the reserve. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

39 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Hmmm. And it even looks like they are available here. I was looking for $200.... but $300 is not terrible. Maybe doable, But then, how to charge and balance them ? 

https://skyhighcaraudio.com/limitless-super-caps-2-7v-3000f-bank-of-6/

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Watch and let Steve Meade show you. 

Yea, I already watched this vid. Honestly, I think those would work for my setup, except for cost. Also, it seems like a lot of the stuff I listen too, has more fast kick drums and such, than long continuous bass notes. Especially old school stuff... rock and such. Basically never does my clipping indicator just stay red on a long bass note (or should I say, I never push it hard enough to do that) but I do get the really fast little blips of red, always on kick drums and fast bass spikes.

Archived